Top 10 Favorite Foreign Films
I've been on a big foreign film kick lately (well, for the past several years). And, I seem to remember Liz saying she had been as well. What are your ten favorite foreign films?
1. "Like Water For Chocolate"
2. "Three Colors: Red"
3. "Amores Perros"
5. "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"
9. "Princess Mononoke"
10. "Das Boot"
I LOVE to watch foreign films! It gives me a view of life that I would never see otherwise. A few of my favorites, in no particular order are:
1. Life is Beautiful (Italy)
2. Burnt By The Sun (Russia)
3. Like Water For Chocolate (Mexico)
4. Indochine (France)
5. Queen of Hearts (England)
6. Girl on a Bridge (not entirely sure if that's the title, from France, stars Vanessa Paradis-the luckiest woman on the planet because she snagged Johnny Depp)
7. Queen Margot (France)
8. Little Vera (Russia)
9. Wuthering Heights (ancient film from Spain)
10. The Story of Adele H (France)
There is another film from Russia that I really like but can't recall the name. It's about three good friends and how their lives enfold. One woman marries a famous hockey player, one is a single mom who finds love later in life, and I can't remember the other woman's story.
Belle Epoque (Spain)
Nueva Reinas (Argentina)