2016-2017 Grand Prix selections | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016-2017 Grand Prix selections

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Didn't expect Weaver and Poje to get Russia and China.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I'm so glad to see the schedule shuffled a bit so the Asian events are later than the European ones. That makes for opportunities for some skaters to attend new GP events. E.g. I'm very happy to see Patrick get to skate at COC.

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
I'm really excited and pleased with most of the selections... EXCEPT for Skate Canada. I'm kind of annoyed that the reigning Canadian national champions wouldn't get placed at their own event in favor of a returning team... :disapp:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
ha I should have bet money Gracie doing TEB (or should I call it CDF now or smth) & Javier COR :laugh:

Polina has decided to visit her grandma again & Elizabeth her family :biggrin:

& I'll have to wait to see SinKats til Nov 18:( They better get some early comps!:ddevil: at least they're not pinned against IZ yay!!

Happy to see WeaPo at CoR again!:dance:Katyusha & Andrusha clearly liked to be worshipped :agree:

Misha got NHK! I hope Japanese fans are happy! he seems to be popular there

& K/S better heal & use their spots!

Super excited for Ash vs Gold:thumbsup: obv I root for Ashley to again show em who's the boss again!!:cool::cool:

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
No, he has not. I also thought I misread his name as Aliev. That assignments surprised me to be honest. Aliev seems like staying junior one more year.

Wikipedia tells me Artur Dimitriev was 10th in Russian Nationals. Hmmm indeed, what the heck.

ETA

Alright. He might've set up a good score in other international events.

Oh ok, maybe there's no conspiracy behind it. Feels weird though but work on the lower grade circuit should be rewarded too.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Dima is not going senior
he wants to be at cometitions with his gf:cool2:

Spinning

On the Ice
Misha ended up with France again? I wish him well with his visa this time around.

France has a very good line-up though. Very tempting!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh god, this is WAY TOO MUCH INFO to process all at once! My brain is going to explode! :laugh:

Some thoughts:

1) where's Adelina?

2) Gracie. Vs Ashley, YASSSS!

3) at first I was mad at WePo not getting Skate Canada and started to think "of course they get the shaft for V/M", but it looks like they don't have such strong competition in China and Russia. Looks to me like they'll win at least silver at both. Their strongest competition is the Shibs in China and C/b in Russia, both teams they can beat. So maybe Canada did them a favour after all.

4) I need to get tickets for Skate Canada, like, yesterday. So many good skaters in all four categories!

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Wikipedia tells me Artur Dimitriev was 10th in Russian Nationals. Hmmm indeed, what the heck.

ETA

Oh ok, maybe there's no conspiracy behind it. Feels weird though but work on the lower grade circuit should be rewarded too.

Hannah Miller did pretty good records in the CS series during 2014-15 season, which got her assigned with two GP spots last season. However, she has no GP assignment yet sadly due to her poor record. Anyway, Timothy Dolensky, and Nicolas Nadeau, both with the amazing last season have no GP assignment yet....You can share the feeling with me.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
*HEAVY BREATHING*

Woww at the line up for Skate Canada!! I'm so excited because I'll be there, Patrick, Yuzuru and Han Yan will all be there, that's legit like skating skill heaven for me, I'm so excited to see them skate in person. Also I highly approve of them sending the reigning Ladies World Champion my way along with the previous one, it'll be interesting to see Evgenia matched up against Elizaveta, gimme the drama. Satoko is just fabulous but she's polarizing for a lot of people so I'm interested in seeing her skate live, same with Rika Hongo, maybe her posture won't be so bad in person.

I can see that Yu Xiaoyu and Zhang Hao will be at Skate Canada, emotions are running high and I'm thinking of giving Zhang Hao a piece of my mind but I think I'll just bring a little gift for Xiaoyu instead. There are so many great pairs teams here I'm so excited, glad to see Denny/Frazier are back. I met Piper Gilles at SOI in May and she told me she wasn't sure if she would be at Skate Canada but I'm excited to see her and Paul. Screaming at how I'll get to see Tessa and Scott, I can't wait to see their competitive programs ahhhh

Really ???? at how Ashley and Gracie are at the same GP, that's a pretty poor pick to pit them against each other so early but I'm guessing there was no choice, tsk tsk

Last edited:

berry8

Final Flight
I'm pretty excited:
- at the idea that Pierce got an assignmnet: during last season she has grown so much on me that now I am almost sure she'll be the American Queen in one-two years.
- that Yuzu will eventually compete in two GP events.

I'm disappointed that:
-Kostner won't compete in GP circuit: I thought she would have been in the roster for two GP events:(
-Top three Chinese Pairs will compete in GP series: what the hell????!!! I mean two of them were just ''arranged'' at the end of the last season !!!

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
Leonova and Artemieva got 0 assignments. I am pretty sad for Leonova. But Sima got one, so I am glad!

Never mind, just found Leonova's name!