SYTYCDance: Next Gen | Golden Skate

SYTYCDance: Next Gen

TMC

Record Breaker
Been watching the young ones dance and though I wasn't sure that the pairings would work out this gem had me in tears.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWRbj0zYFdU one of the most pure and beautiful dances I've ever seen.

What routines did you guys like so far if you've been watching?

I've only just watched one clip on Facebook like two minutes ago, and it was ah-mah-zinG! It was Jenna off Dancing with the Stars US with the wicklest cutest little boy ever :love:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Been watching the young ones dance and though I wasn't sure that the pairings would work out

Interspectator, thanks for starting this thread. I was a little disappointed in the beginning that it wasn't going to be the same format as years before but I am amazed and in awe of these kids!!!! Their technique is spot on and there bodies bend every which way!! Also, the kids have such raw emotions. I don't know how they will handle being eliminated though.

Loved this performance and I think that Robert was trying to keep it together as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQu1bHZLsrk

I think Comfort better watch out, Tahani may leave her in the dust. :laugh: Jason could barely contain himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZI4mj1PFXw

heyang

Record Breaker
I was really impressed by the opening Bollywood # this week. I'm glad that the kids are dancing with the other kids although there's quite a height difference amongst the boys.

Most of the #'s were cute.

I do think the eliminations are tougher on the kids and the audience because most of them get so much joy out of the experience. I think it would be kind of cool for them to at least stick around for group#'s as part of the 'academy'.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I do think the eliminations are tougher on the kids and the audience because most of them get so much joy out of the experience. I think it would be kind of cool for them to at least stick around for group#'s as part of the 'academy'.

Heyang, I think that's an excellent idea; you should send them the idea.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
1st of all thanks for starting this thread, i love watching these kids!! they are so real and fearless and exciting to watch :love: i love all of them and cant decide who is my favourite :laugh:

i adoreeeeee Tahani, she is so awesome and last week she was brilliant with 2 dance styles out of her comfort zone

i also love Jake, loved his solo last week, very current song with brilliant ending, also his solo this week, he is showing he isnt just ballroom dancer, also i love a man (boy) who can shake his hips :biggrin:

and Sheaden, i loved him since week 1, not the best technician but he has so much personality which makes it up for me, he is just so cool!!

i had my doubt about JT at 1st , he was brilliant 1st week with Robert, was ok last week and he rose to the top again this week, what a brilliant number from Travis once again, i think when JT is dancing with Robert he gets strength and confidence from him and produce briliant performances

i cant believe how mature Ruby looks when she is dancing (not when she is talking :laugh:), i still remember when i 1st saw her at America's Got Talent 2 years ago and she was just a baby!!! and Argentine Tango was just awesome!! her feet are so fast

kinda shocked one of the bottom 2 kids, didnt see it coming, also i am glad they are not telling who is at bottom 2 at beginning of the program like they used to do and not stress them

finally, whats going on between Jason and Jenna? :biggrin:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1st of all thanks for starting this thread, i love watching these kids!! they are so real and fearless and exciting to watch :love: i love all of them and cant decide who is my favourite :laugh:

i had my doubt about JT at 1st , he was brilliant 1st week with Robert, was ok last week and he rose to the top again this week, what a brilliant number from Travis once again, i think when JT is dancing with Robert he gets strength and confidence from him and produce briliant performances

finally, whats going on between Jason and Jenna? :biggrin:

I know what you mean, Matmuh, kind of hard to pick a favorite

JT is just sooooo cute, I would love to just pinch his cheeks. :laugh:

Jason was being a big flirt!!!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Loved the tappers routine last night. I am really enjoying the show. I was so doubtful when they announced the new format for this season.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While watching the show last night with the final 4, I started lining them up; with JT being on the bottom. Was I ever wrong, JT's Bollywood number was super!!! Any one of the kids could win, they all were just super last night. I didn't think I was going to like the new format but was so surprised at the talent these kids have.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i really like the new format, these kids are incredible!! not just their dancing, i love the way they handle them selves and how well mannered they are!
after last week my guess was title was JT's to take but very impressed with Tate this week, i knew she has wonderful technique but i loved her salsa, and wished we could see them skate out of their style more often this season. i still think JT will win though
since i mentioned last week, how awesome it was when kids took over?!?!?!?! i especially loved Kida's routine
and final question, how much do you think All-Stars' reputation affects voting?

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
and final question, how much do you think All-Stars' reputation affects voting?

For me it hasn't made any difference but who knows if it has for others.

heyang

Record Breaker
For me it hasn't made any difference but who knows if it has for others.

I think it might have had some influence in the earlier rounds. I think Robert's fan base and JT's cuteness moved them forward quite a bit.

babyskate

On the Ice
I just loved JT and even though someone like Tate had better technique, I felt he had real star qualities. I can see him on Broadway tomorrow.

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm hoping that the show gets renewed for the next season - either with adults or with kids.