Tara Is Carrying A Torch | Golden Skate

Tara Is Carrying A Torch

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks for the photo of 1998 Olympic champion! I would say that Tara looks happy as she is carrying the torch.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Thanks for the photo--she looks terrific and very happy. Good for her! She brought honor to the U.S.--she deserves the honor of carrying the torch.

Lucy25

Final Flight
Chele615 said:
Is that from the 2002 Olympics? Because she's wearing a Salt Lake City shirt. Random...
I'm guessing it is from SLC, too. I had read that Sarah Hughes was the only figure skater to get to carry the Athens' torch.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it's from 02... if you look on her left sleeve you can see it says Salt Lake City 2002

jesslily

Final Flight
Is Tara still involved with some professional skating? Or does she still practice skating at all? Not many articles talking about her.

ATW27

On the Ice
IDLERACER, When I looked at the thread's subject, I thought you were going to tell us that Tara's in love! :)
Anyway, I agree, that's from the 2002 SLC games torch relay; the logo on the sleeve, the design on the shirt front, and the design of the torch all point to it.

Andy W.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
jesslily said:
Is Tara still involved with some professional skating? Or does she still practice skating at all? Not many articles talking about her.

she wasn't involved with anything this past season... she hasn't officially hung up her skates, but her hip injury is quite serious(skating before dr.s gave the ok didn't help either), and she's wanting to get her acting career off the ground (with little or no success....

Linny

Final Flight
What's Tara up to?

Her appearances on Hollywood Squares were adorable. Despite being grown up and mature, she is still cute. Guess she'll be an adorable 80, gawd willing.
Linny

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's too bad that Tara is so totally focused on an acting career, because acting is not one of her talents. She'd have a hard time getting a walk-on role in our local community theater, let alone a featured role on a TV show or in a movie.