Snugglebat Alert | Golden Skate

Snugglebat Alert

Weathergal

Medalist
Whoa Max! Lookin' good! :love: Such a handsome guy with a nice smile--and a great dancer!

What a bonus seeing gymnasts Sam Mikulak and John Orozco in the video, too!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Whoa Max! Lookin' good! :love: Such a handsome guy with a nice smile--and a great dancer!

I liked seeing the Paralympians working it. They were great!

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

I give the GOLD medal for sexiness to John Orozco,
Silver goes to the cray cray skeleton pants
and Max gets the bronze for his wink ;) so cute...

the song is now added to banned pop songs for figure skating.

I really like how they included people from various sports, the paralympic athletes, and just people with different size, shape, "colour"... It makes the athletes human.. while in some previous/similar branding of olympic teams, the emphasis was to make the athletes look like demi-gods or super heroes....

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It's quite earwormy, isn't it?

Indeed. It's almost impossible to not have it stuck in your head, because it's PLAYING. SOMEWHERE. ALL. THE DAMN. TIME. When I'm in my car, I can guarantee it'll be playing on at least one of my seven preset radio stations. (probably a hint that I should stop listening to top 40)

What would you expect from the theme song of the Trolls movie :laugh:

Trolls movie? Oh, sweet Jesus. I didn't even know there was a Troll movie coming out. I have a child under the age of ten, I'll probably be asked to go see it. :laugh:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I give the GOLD medal for sexiness to John Orozco,
Silver goes to the cray cray skeleton pants
and Max gets the bronze for his wink ;) so cute...

the song is now added to banned pop songs for figure skating. ...

Let's play a game, it's called "guess which figure skater(s) will use this song for their exhibition piece! *barf*

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
oh lord.... :hopelessness:
i must run to the liquor store so at least, if i throw up, i may be able to blame my liver.
Let's play a game, it's called "guess which figure skater(s) will use this song for the exhibition piece! *barf*

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I have only one question. Who's the Wrestler??

Robby Smith is the name of the bearded gentle-giant wrestler who leads off the video and who is one of my many favorites (along with Max :), of course) in it.
I don't know a thing about wrestling, but I see from Robby's Team USA bio that he twice has placed fifth at the World Championships -- so a medal in Rio could be within his reach, I hope.
Per his bio, "Hobbies include spending time with friends and family, and dancing…" :cool: :dance2:.

Just noticed that Robby has been in the process of raising money so that his parents can travel to his first Olympics to watch him go for the gold.
If anyone wants to check out his crowdfunding page (which brought tears to my eyes), the link is in his Instagram bio.
Or to reach the page via Google search, its title is: "Robert Smith & Family - Rio 2016."
He is 60% of the way toward meeting his funding goal.

I had never heard of or seen Robby before this video, but now I will be keeping an eye out for him in my casual viewing of the Summer Games and will be cheering for him. Same for other athletes that the video introduced to me.
I hope when 2018 rolls around, some non-fans of skating will recognize Max from the video and will have a chance to cheer for him too.
The video now has had over 1.4 million views (on Facebook and YouTube combined) ... and counting :hap36:.

Go, Robby :yay:.

Last edited:

musicfan80

Medalist
Speaking of Max. I would love to see him do a commercial like this. It cracks me up and I think Max would be perfect for a character like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NGPwtXywLk Yeah.......Clipity Clop....:laugh2:

I don't know if Max has any sponsors like Gracie Gold and Ashley Wagner (both with Nike) do, but I think if he won another U.S. National title, I think he would be a perfect fit for a brand like adidas. I love adidas' apparel and gear. Unfortunately, Under Armour tends to only like "super stars" in their sport for sponsorships.

I also think Max would be a fit for a smaller food company like Krave Jerky - they did sponsor Michael Phelps (swimming), Carli Lloyd (soccer), and Meb Keflezighi (marathon) for the 2016 Rio Olympics. Krave is REALLY good jerky (and I don't typically like jerky), but I could see them liking someone like Max for the 2018 Games. Max could just avoid the pork brands if it is out of his (I don't know if he follows kosher) diet. Just one example of a company that has been sponsoring Olympic athletes.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
For mrrice or anyone else:

A few minutes ago on the NBC broadcast of the Closing Ceremony, I was excited to catch a glimpse of Team USA wrestler Robby Smith (one of the stars of the dance video). He has his trademark beard, and tonight he had a USA flag bandana encircling his head.
Robby ended up not winning a medal. And he and the other Greco wrestlers did not arrive in Rio until after the Opening Ceremony, b/c their competition was scheduled toward the end of the Games.
So I am very happy that Robby is there to enjoy the experience of taking part in the Closing Ceremony. Hope that he and everyone will have a chance to dance :dance2:, dance :dance2:, dance :dance2:.

Last edited: