Your favourite Alexei Yagudin program??? | Golden Skate

Your favourite Alexei Yagudin program???

Your favourite Alexei Yagudin program?

• Racing

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Man in the iron mask

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Winter

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • Overcome

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Gladiator

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • Revolution's Etude

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Nutrocker

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Broken arrow

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Lawrence of Arabia

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Others

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Germanice

On the Ice
Sorry, couldn't resist, I HAD to do this! ;) ;) :p

Anke

PS: ... and c'mon, of course everone knows Alexei agudin!

Last edited:

Vash01

Medalist
I voted for the Gladiator. It is not Alexei's favorite program, from what I read, but it is mine. I thought this was the best interpretation of that music. I also like the Revolutionary Etude and Winter very much. They are SP's, hence a little lower in my mind. The Gladiator really showcases Alexei's power and emotional appeal. I have to admit, it is hard to pick one from the list. The one I did not much care for was Man in the Iron Mask.

Vash

Kateri

On the Ice
Lawrence of Arabia, as it was the one that really made me a fan.
I realised that he didn't even need to jump, I would be happy to watch him just skate around all day.....

k.

icenut84

Final Flight
My favourite is Revolution Etude (2001 Worlds). I think it was an amazing programme. I also liked his Winter and Nutrocker - I think I tend to like his SPs more than his LPs, lol.

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
This is tough lol I can't pick between his SPs, they were all so good. So maybe I'll go for a LP. I loved Lawrence of Arabia but presentation wise I think he wasn't skating at his best yet.

I go with Gladiator. It suited him perfectly and although it was the only LP that he didn't win a World title with since 1998, it is still one of my favorite ever men programs.

astarz41

Rinkside
Gladiator is my fav too. I think the way Alexei struggled at Worlds 2001 added a lot to the emotion of the program.

Germanice

On the Ice
icenut84 said:
But why, I have to ask, didn't you include One Banana? :D :p
I have no idea! Herr Freud would claim I probably repressed it. :laugh: :D

Anke

PS: MM, thanx for the 'orrection! ;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I chose Gladiator... it's the program I fell in love with his skating...

but Etude, Winter, and Stand By Me were great programs too... and Overcome...

floskate

On the Ice
Well as someone who always admired his strength of performance rather than the material he was skating to I'd have to choose Lawrence of Arabia. I thought the program had more substance than some of his later work. My fave sp is Winter definitely!!

shine

Record Breaker
Very hard to choose between Revolution Etude and Winter! When I watched RE, I didn't believe that Alexei could have topped it with another program, but Winter proved me wrong!
I'm really not a big fan of Man in the Iron Mask, though. When I read that he would be using the music, I really hoped that he'd use the sections that Honda used for his programs, which are incredibly beautiful (and perhaps some of my all time favorite soundtrack music) But Alexei disappointed by skating to the other portions that I consider rather dull.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
It's really hard to choose between just about all of these because I like just about every program he's ever done, except for the one he threw together at the last minute for the 2000 (?) Worlds. But I give the nod to "Winter" because of the Tossing The Ice Chips Into The Air routine -- rather reminiscent of Boitano's classic "Les Patineurs" when he wiped the ice off his skate blade and threw it back onto the ice.

All that Jazz

Rinkside
Tough. In the end I've chosen "Gladiator", because of it's/his power and passion, especially his performance at Euros 2001. I'm still teary just thinking of it. Same with "Revolutionary Etude" at Worlds 2001 btw. On the other hand I'd to find out that "Winter" loses it's charm a bit after a while. I'm a little tired of it, maybe I've just seen it too often. :\

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
JonnyCoop said:
It's really hard to choose between just about all of these because I like just about every program he's ever done, except for the one he threw together at the last minute for the 2000 (?) Worlds
JonnyCoop, I think that was Tosca but in Dick Button's words referring to Alexei........"he doesn't own it yet." He had performed it at another competition in Japan, I think it was called Mikko Masters????, anyhow, Alexei owned it then. It was magnificent. He was so into the music that at the end he was so excited or pumped up that when he took his final pose he almost fell over. Wow, what a great performance, it gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

I had to vote for MITIM :love: , I really like all of his compeititve programs but MITIM was and still is the main program for me. Love the music, love the cuts and so it got my vote.

Dee

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
"Gladiator" also made a big Yagudin fan of me. I loved the music to begin with, but Alexei really gave that program such a magnificent and grand quality. It was big, bold and dramatic and I loved every minute of it! "Winter" was lovely and showcased some of Alexei's greatest strengths, but I feel that "Gladiator" was the overall best program he ever had. It fit him.

Toffee

Rinkside
Alexei has way too many great programs to pick just one! LOL. I voted for "Broken Arrow", because I really love it and I felt it wasn't appreciated as much as it could be and because it doesn't have too many votes :D

Matt

On the Ice
This one was hard---I'm a big fan of Yags----but I went with "Winter", mostly because it was that programme in particular that seemed to set off the "footwork craze" among the men (and Sasha Cohen, lol) that every skater today tries to copy. You can bet that Nikolai Morozov can retire a happy man off of that one :laugh:

Which was the exhibition number he skated at the SLC Gala? Was that "Overcome"?