View Poll Results: Your favourite Alexei Yagudin program?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Racing

4 4.49%
  • Man in the iron mask

10 11.24%
  • Winter

21 23.60%
  • Overcome

8 8.99%
  • Gladiator

24 26.97%
  • Revolution's Etude

3 3.37%
  • Nutrocker

3 3.37%
  • Broken arrow

4 4.49%
  • Lawrence of Arabia

11 12.36%
  • Others

1 1.12%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your favourite Alexei Yagudin program???

Custom Title
    "Gladiator" also made a big Yagudin fan of me. I loved the music to begin with, but Alexei really gave that program such a magnificent and grand quality. It was big, bold and dramatic and I loved every minute of it! "Winter" was lovely and showcased some of Alexei's greatest strengths, but I feel that "Gladiator" was the overall best program he ever had. It fit him.

On the Ice
    My favourite program is Overcome , I ' also like the other lol!

Rinkside
    Alexei has way too many great programs to pick just one! LOL. I voted for "Broken Arrow", because I really love it and I felt it wasn't appreciated as much as it could be and because it doesn't have too many votes :D

Crazy Armchair Fan/Resident Nerd
    This one was hard---I'm a big fan of Yags----but I went with "Winter", mostly because it was that programme in particular that seemed to set off the "footwork craze" among the men (and Sasha Cohen, lol) that every skater today tries to copy. You can bet that Nikolai Morozov can retire a happy man off of that one

Which was the exhibition number he skated at the SLC Gala? Was that "Overcome"?

Rinkside
    Which was the exhibition number he skated at the SLC Gala? Was that "Overcome"?
    Yes, that was "Overcome".

Custom Title
    I watched Revolutionary Etude from worlds 2001 again last night and WOW! I had forgotten how great this program is. Among SP's I was thinking that Winter was the best, but RE is really something. Winter has a couple of great footwork sequences, but RE has so much intricate footwork throughout and so much passion, it is incredible. The fact that Yagudin had an injury and had his back to the wall at this point (he skated poorly in the QR) made this even more impressive.

Custom Title
    His SPs are all so good. Circus, Nutrocker, Revolution Etude, Winter, Racing... his 97/98 SP when he was with Mishin was really good too. I can see why so many people consider Winter and absolute masterpiece and one of the best SP's ever and I agree with whoever posted that it almost started a trend on skating. But personally, I Iike Revolution Etude the most. The opening pose, all that amazing footwork (I much prefer serpentine sequences), Chopin's music...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shine
    Very hard to choose between Revolution Etude and Winter! When I watched RE, I didn't believe that Alexei could have topped it with another program, but Winter proved me wrong!
    I'm really not a big fan of Man in the Iron Mask, though. When I read that he would be using the music, I really hoped that he'd use the sections that Honda used for his programs, which are incredibly beautiful (and perhaps some of my all time favorite soundtrack music) But Alexei disappointed by skating to the other portions that I consider rather dull.
    Shine,

You almost took the words out of my mouth. MITIM is perhaps my least favorite Yagudin LP- or least portions of it. I much prefer Honda's version. Even with mistakes his skate in 99 was wonderful. I did not have a similar experience with Yagudin's although his jumps were awesome.

Vash

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2