Who Has the Best Triple Loops? | Golden Skate

Who Has the Best Triple Loops?

Uclk

Spectator
Hi,

Could someone help throw out a few names with the best triple loops? Much appreciated!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
hmm
I'm not going to exactly answer the title question since we all have different definitions that defines what is the best, the superior, or whatever. :confused2: Anyway, here are some of the loops that I particularly like:

Mao
Marin
Adelina
Polina T
Eunsoo

On the men's side on the other hand, I've been a bit desensitized with the quad-mania so I haven't been particularly interested by any of the men's loops. Enlighten me (and everyone else) if you have found one that caught your eye. :)

Last edited:

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Are there any pairs who do triple loops? I don't recall seeing any, at least not in recent years. Why is this jump not common for pairs?

sarama

Medalist
Are there any pairs who do triple loops? I don't recall seeing any, at least not in recent years. Why is this jump not common for pairs?

Not recently for sure... It is probably very difficult to synchronize triple loops.

To answer the topic: I adore Mao Asada's loops. I think Adelina, Carolina, and Ashley Wagner have beautiful loops too (for different reasons), also Mirai and Yuka Nagai (when she doesn't pop it, which is very often). Many guys have awesome loops: Hanyu, Aaron, Murakami, Fernandez just to name a few.
Honorable mentions: Wakaba Higuchi and Yuna Shiraiwa for their brilliant +3Lo combinations

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker

GIF of her at 2014 Worlds slightly slowed down, the rotation is just beautiful, she's got my vote for difficult entrance, height, air position flow out, everything:love:

Also Mao Asada gets a mention too, I always liked how she always used the 3Lo in so many different ways. 3F-3Lo, 3Lo-2Lo-2Lo, 3Lo as her final LP jump, 3Lo-3Lo (in practice only)

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I love it when a triple loop is used to accent the music. It's just such a "springy" jump and almost unexpected - by that I mean the takeoff doesn't involve a three turn or Mohawk, but simply a back outside edge.

My favourite example: Gracie at the Olympics. :bow:

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Definitely Kostner. Wagner also has a nice strong 3L. I also recall Yuka Sato's being pretty good - she was one of the few to actually do a 3L as a pro skater (most opted for a salchow or toe loop -- or a flip/lutz if you were Kristi :biggrin: ).

I also loved Chan's 3L from this past season... great control, and not an "expected" transition. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAI44TaFIHs#t=3m35s

Triple loops aren't usually the jump of choice in an exhibition, so it's nice to see skaters like Machida/Kostner who show it. IMO, it's a difficult jump to make it look pretty (lots of skaters come down on the toe or have a wonky landing... compared to other triples, you don't see much of running edge out of it. When I watched programs in the 90s, the moment of a 3L was always a weird one for me because many skaters looked so tentative going into it... like, "Uh oh... and here's the triple loop...."... and looked uncomfortable executing it.