Favourite Sasha Cohen routine | Golden Skate

Favourite Sasha Cohen routine

Which Sasha programme is your favourite?

• My Sweet and Tender Beast (02 SP)

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Carmen (02 LP)

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Hernando's Hideaway (02 EX)

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Malaguena (03-04 SP)

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Rachmaninov (03 LP)

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Romeo & Juliet (03-04 EX)

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Swan Lake version 1 (04 season)

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Swan Lake version 2 (04 Worlds)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters

icenut84

Final Flight
While we're doing all these favourites... which is your favourite Sasha programme? For me - while I love My Sweet and Tender Beast (which would be #2), my fave is Malaguena. It's so powerful and fiery and I just think it suited her perfectly, and the choreography/element placement suited the music perfectly.

Germanice

On the Ice
"Swan lake" - the pre-Robin-Wagner-version, naturally! :p
What has she done to my LP, Ma? :laugh:

Anke

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
I voted for her R&J exhibition. It highlighted all her strengths, the music is gorgeous and it gave me chills when she skated it well.

astarz41

Rinkside
I voted for Malaguena, but I prefer the 02-03 version. Plus that black dress was amazing. :love:

I went with Hernado's Hideaway. I also liked her Eliza Dolittle that she did this summer with COI.

MM

patsue1947

Rinkside
Can't really say I have a favorite or "like" her programs but the one that gave me a modicum of enjoyment was Romeo and Juliet--I wish she would have developed this one into a long program.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Her 2000 SP-I think it was also Sweet and Tender Beast, but I prefer that performance of hers at Nationals to any performance I have seen by her since.

Second best would be Malaguena at 2004 Worlds.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I liked "Carmen" the best -- until she went to SLC and choked up or whatever she did and left out most of the choreography and improvised things on the fly that shouldn't have been there. Up until that point, however, she had a terrific program going and used the music extremely well.

jesslily

Final Flight
I think Sasha's Swan Lake 1 and My Sweet and Tender Best are two best competition programs. Best choreography, music, and dress.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I don't know if it's considered her best, but my favorite was the R and J ex. skate. Just lovely.........she really felt the music.......she was Juliet......42

berthes ghost

Final Flight
DORISPULASKI said:
Her 2000 SP-I think it was also Sweet and Tender Beast, but I prefer that performance of hers at Nationals to any performance I have seen by her since.
She used "Barouqe Selections" by: Vivaldi & Albinoni for her SP at 2000 nats. Sweet & Tender Beast was the next season, 2000-2001, but she withdrew from 01 Nats just before the SP.