Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jenny Kirk- Xanga

Down With It

Jenny Kirk- Xanga

I don't know if this is really her or not, but here's a link to a user named "JennyKirk" on Xanga.com:

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=JennyKirk

...which includes a message.

Custom Title
    Sounds as though Jenny is very hapy about all her training changes. Also sounds as though she is making positive changes in her skating technique etc. It is wonderful that she can see results so quickly, more often than not a skater has to deconstruct their technique, then slowly rebuild. Its often a really bumpy road for them. Glad Jenny is able to make such a smooth transition.

I am so excited to see the "Frank Carrol and Lori Nichol influences" on her skating.

I don't trust that it is Jenny... it just seems weird that she'd put herself out like that... but that's just me...

Down With It
    I don't trust that it is Jenny... it just seems weird that she'd put herself out like that... but that's just me
    There should at least be a link from her official site to this new site (to let her fans know), but I didn't see one. That strikes me as odd...but still, I think it might be.

It might be Jenny. I don't see anything of substance in the post that makes me think someone is playing a joke. Not only is her official site (JK Online) down, but all of the fan sites seem to be inactive, too, except for JennyKirk.com, which has a post from last month.

I hope that one of the things that Frank C. does with Jenny is to put her on a heavier off-ice training regimen for strength and stamina. To me, she looks quite frail. She is naturally slender (and it goes without saying that she is stunning in her classic beauty), but I wish she would bulk up a little.

Mathman

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    Thanks for that link to her blog!!! I hope it is legit, although it seems like a bizarre thing for a person in the spotlight to do.

What does Xanga mean?

Joe

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    What does Xanga mean?

Joe
    I don't know what it means, but it's a type of online journal.

[CENTER]"California is just beautiful. I love the weather - the sun - the atmosphere everything about it is gorgeous. Evan and I have been taking some walks and just enjoying everything it has to offer. I'm so glad I made the move here! It's just beautiful."[/CENTER]

[CENTER]A ha! When she says "taking some walks," I assume that means along the beach near the Hermosa pier. I'm gonna rollerblade down there this weekend and try to impress her with my er, um, rollerblading skills. [/CENTER]

Medalist
    I find it odd that it says she's a member since 1/1/2004, when her official site was still online....

Down With It
    I find it odd that it says she's a member since 1/1/2004, when her official site was still online...
    Wow, I didn't even notice that. I find it a little odd too, although this quote from the entry

Since I unfortunantely decided to shut down my website at Figure Skaters Online, Matt told me about Xanga.
    indicates that there might have been time between the time she DECIDED to shut down her site and the time it actually was shut down. That holds, if it was she who wrote that message that is.

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    What does Xanga mean?

Joe
    according to the site, "xanga" doesnt actually mean anything. But blogs are really fun, and an interesting way to journal. I've had a xanga page for a little over a year... I know that some other GS posters have them too... perhaps we should make a blog ring?

http://p068.ezboard.com/bstrawberrycanyonfsc
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornliz
    according to the site, "xanga" doesnt actually mean anything. But blogs are really fun, and an interesting way to journal. I've had a xanga page for a little over a year... I know that some other GS posters have them too... perhaps we should make a blog ring?
    We should. I have a livejournal LOL

Kwan's vodka dealer VIETgrlTerifa's Avatar
    I really do believe that this is just someone role playing as Jenny Kirk. Many people role play as figure skaters on livejournal, and I wouldn't doubt that people would do the same on a similar journal.

Also, wouldn't the real Jenny just make a new website if she wanted to communicate with her fans? I mean it's not like she doesn't have a "team" to do it for her, and making a new official professionally done website would make a lot more sense than putting up a free journal on the internet that maybe some fans might stumble across.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa
    I really do believe that this is just someone role playing as Jenny Kirk. Many people role play as figure skaters on livejournal, and I wouldn't doubt that people would do the same on a similar journal.

Also, wouldn't the real Jenny just make a new website if she wanted to communicate with her fans? I mean it's not like she doesn't have a "team" to do it for her, and making a new official professionally done website would make a lot more sense than putting up a free journal on the internet that maybe some fans might stumble across.
    Well it makes for good off-season talk! I signed up for updates just to see what "Jenny" writes next. If it's her, great, if it's not, it's still good entertainment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast