Jenny Kirk- Xanga | Golden Skate

Jenny Kirk- Xanga

lotusland

On the Ice
Sounds as though Jenny is very hapy about all her training changes. Also sounds as though she is making positive changes in her skating technique etc. It is wonderful that she can see results so quickly, more often than not a skater has to deconstruct their technique, then slowly rebuild. Its often a really bumpy road for them. Glad Jenny is able to make such a smooth transition.

I am so excited to see the "Frank Carrol and Lori Nichol influences" on her skating. :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't trust that it is Jenny... it just seems weird that she'd put herself out like that... but that's just me...

R.D.

Record Breaker
I don't trust that it is Jenny... it just seems weird that she'd put herself out like that... but that's just me

There should at least be a link from her official site to this new site (to let her fans know), but I didn't see one. That strikes me as odd...but still, I think it might be.

It might be Jenny. I don't see anything of substance in the post that makes me think someone is playing a joke. Not only is her official site (JK Online) down, but all of the fan sites seem to be inactive, too, except for JennyKirk.com, which has a post from last month.

I hope that one of the things that Frank C. does with Jenny is to put her on a heavier off-ice training regimen for strength and stamina. To me, she looks quite frail. She is naturally slender (and it goes without saying that she is stunning in her classic beauty), but I wish she would bulk up a little.

Mathman

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Thanks for that link to her blog!!! I hope it is legit, although it seems like a bizarre thing for a person in the spotlight to do.

IDLERACER

Medalist
"California is just beautiful. I love the weather - the sun - the atmosphere everything about it is gorgeous. Evan and I have been taking some walks and just enjoying everything it has to offer. I'm so glad I made the move here! It's just beautiful."

A ha! When she says "taking some walks," I assume that means along the beach near the Hermosa pier. I'm gonna rollerblade down there this weekend and try to impress her with my er, um, rollerblading skills. ;)

Brenda

On the Ice
I find it odd that it says she's a member since 1/1/2004, when her official site was still online....

R.D.

Record Breaker
I find it odd that it says she's a member since 1/1/2004, when her official site was still online...

Wow, I didn't even notice that. I find it a little odd too, although this quote from the entry

Since I unfortunantely decided to shut down my website at Figure Skaters Online, Matt told me about Xanga.

indicates that there might have been time between the time she DECIDED to shut down her site and the time it actually was shut down. That holds, if it was she who wrote that message that is.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
What does Xanga mean?

Joe

according to the site, "xanga" doesnt actually mean anything. But blogs are really fun, and an interesting way to journal. I've had a xanga page for a little over a year... I know that some other GS posters have them too... perhaps we should make a blog ring?

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
Longhornliz said:
according to the site, "xanga" doesnt actually mean anything. But blogs are really fun, and an interesting way to journal. I've had a xanga page for a little over a year... I know that some other GS posters have them too... perhaps we should make a blog ring?

We should. I have a livejournal LOL

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I really do believe that this is just someone role playing as Jenny Kirk. Many people role play as figure skaters on livejournal, and I wouldn't doubt that people would do the same on a similar journal.

Also, wouldn't the real Jenny just make a new website if she wanted to communicate with her fans? I mean it's not like she doesn't have a "team" to do it for her, and making a new official professionally done website would make a lot more sense than putting up a free journal on the internet that maybe some fans might stumble across.

peachstatesk8er

On the Ice
VIETgrlTerifa said:
I really do believe that this is just someone role playing as Jenny Kirk. Many people role play as figure skaters on livejournal, and I wouldn't doubt that people would do the same on a similar journal.

Also, wouldn't the real Jenny just make a new website if she wanted to communicate with her fans? I mean it's not like she doesn't have a "team" to do it for her, and making a new official professionally done website would make a lot more sense than putting up a free journal on the internet that maybe some fans might stumble across.
Well it makes for good off-season talk! I signed up for updates just to see what "Jenny" writes next. :laugh: If it's her, great, if it's not, it's still good entertainment.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
IDLERACER said:
A ha! When she says "taking some walks," I assume that means along the beach near the Hermosa pier. I'm gonna rollerblade down there this weekend and try to impress her with my er, um, rollerblading skills. ;)
:laugh: Wow, I never thought of stalking a celeb as being good exercise before, but you're right! ;)

isk8nbessy

Rinkside
I still have my doubts. The main thing that pops out at me is ,, why is her usernam "jennykirk". If it were me, I would pick something alot less standout-ish. I don't know, it just seems odd that she would use her name for everybody to find out when she could have just used something like "sk8er" or something not even related to skating. It would cut down majorly on the guestbook and comment entries.

ouridol

On the Ice
hmmmm....I guess its true but I'm not sure. I still have my doubts, too. But I don't blame her if she doesn't have an official site because after she shut hers down on figure skating online, i don't think that same staff would readily make another site for her.