Favorite Anton and Elena Program? | Golden Skate

Favorite Anton and Elena Program?

Favorite Anton and Elena Program?

• Total voters

astarz41

Rinkside
This is a tough choice! I voted for Lady Caliph, but it is followed by Medi, the Kid, Let Me Fall, City Lights....

Btw, this poll is definetly missing Meditation ;)

icenut84

Final Flight
This one's so difficult! I voted for Dark Eyes. I also loved The Kid and The Lady Caliph though, not to mention City Lights, and also some that weren't mentioned like Meditation, Impossible Dreams and Swan Lake.

shine

Record Breaker
There have been so many masterpieces created by Moskvina and delivered by B&S that makes it indeed very difficult to choose a favorite for me. But my beloved B&S program is probably Sentimental Waltz because it was the first time that I realized how beautifully musical they really are. Although I had always considered them one of the most elegant pairs before, but IMO Sentimental Waltz really brought out the wonderful lyricism in them, at least for me. The program is filled with so many subtle nuances that it feels like everytime I watch it there'd always be something new to discover. It was really a shame that their 2000 European gold medal was taken away due the silly drug test, as I felt that their long program there was one of the most beautiful pairs performances I've ever seen.

Other than Sentimental Waltz, I also absolutely adore Meditation, minus the weird harps sounds in the background, that is. It is so lyrical yet the intensity grabs you from the beginning to end. Also there's Meadowland that totally showcases their power and speed, and gives their skating an more angular sort of look. I also really like Chaplin, though it might not be as complex as some of their other programs, choreogrpahy-wise, but still so musical nonetheless.

Last edited:

Vash01

Medalist
This is the toughest question. I went with Lady Caliph but it could have been Dark Eyes just as easily, or any of their other programs. I was watching DE just the other night and I LOVED their speed, power, lines. In Lady Caliph their lines were more mature and I just loved their lightness, the choreography, the footwork.

On another day I may have voted for another program.

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
This poll is tough, tough, tough. I was thinking about this one for a couple days, I had no idea what to choose and Meditation wasn't even there! In the end, I will go for Let Me Fall. No matter how you feel about the music, artistically, I think it's B&S at their best. The choreography is seamless, their lines are exquisite and Elena simply shines in this program. I look forward to what they will have in store for us next season! :)

Vash01

Medalist
shine said:
There have been so many masterpieces created by Moskvina and delivered by B&S that makes it indeed very difficult to choose a favorite for me. But my beloved B&S program is probably Sentimental Waltz because it was the first time that I realized how beautifully musical they really are. Although I had always considered them one of the most elegant pairs before, but IMO Sentimental Waltz really brought out the wonderful lyricism in them, at least for me. The program is filled with so many subtle nuances that it feels like everytime I watch it there'd always be something new to discover. It was really a shame that their 2000 European gold medal was taken away due the silly drug test, as I felt that their long program there was one of the most beautiful pairs performances I've ever seen.

QUOTE]

Shine,

I completely agree. Valse Sentimentale may be the most lyrical of them all. They just flowed on the ice with that music. I don't know of any other pair that can skate a single thread from beginning to end when the music does not give them one moment to rest, and not many highlights. The whole program is a highlight, and every moment in it is interesting. That failed drug test was one of the biggest tragedies in FS (barring deaths of several skaters). It was a HUGE setback for B&S as far as the standings were concerned. In all likelihood they would have won their 3rd straight world title had they been allowed to skate at the 2000 worlds. To their credit they fought their way back. Of course Meditation from Thais is very lovely, but I miss their side by side footwork in it. You see it toward the end in Valse S. and it is so light and beautiful.

shine

Record Breaker
Vash01 said:
I don't know of any other pair that can skate a single thread from beginning to end when the music does not give them one moment to rest, and not many highlights. The whole program is a highlight, and every moment in it is interesting.
I couldn't have said this any better. That is the first thing that struck me about this program. You really don't see many programs that consist of just *one* piece of a single composition like B/S's Valse Sentimentale with no real "climaxes" in them, because the phrasing, the nuances etc make it SO hard to skate well to. But they did it so wonderfully. I'd never seen them so light on their feet and so into the music ever before.
That failed drug test was one of the biggest tragedies in FS (barring deaths of several skaters). It was a HUGE setback for B&S as far as the standings were concerned. In all likelihood they would have won their 3rd straight world title had they been allowed to skate at the 2000 worlds. To their credit they fought their way back.
Indeed, calling it a tragidy is not exaggerating this event at all. B&S really can't be considered as a lucky team among the past world champions. I still wish they were still skating competitively :(

BTW, it looks like we are sharing a few favorites, Vash. I have loved everything that you've posted about Yukina Ota :D

Vash01

Medalist
Indeed Shine! We must like the lyrical style, beautiful positions, and elegant lines of B&S and Ota. B&S had an incredible amount of bad luck. I admire them for fighting back. I too wish they were still skating competitively but apparently they are happy with their new life style, so I have to give up.