2016-17 State of Canadian Ladies Skating | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2016-17 State of Canadian Ladies Skating

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
post 500 !!! congrats!!!! :cheer:
Hey Sackie! Great question. You reminded me that Gabby and Alaine are actually tied in their PB short program scores with 67.38. Interesting coincidence. :)

I don't think any of the ladies can break 70 points yet. Currently Gabby has the highest BV for a SP with a 3Lz+3T (the 3T was underrotated at Nebelhorn), 3F, and 2A. So if she went clean she would have the best chance to break 70 but would need higher PCS and/or GOES to do it. If Kaetlyn upgrades her 2T to a 3T then she would also have a chance with an essentially similar layout of 3F+3T, 3Lz, and 2A. Alaine would be close with a 3Lz+3T, 3Lo, and 2A but would need higher GOEs/PCS. I've used Satoko Miyahara's score at US Classic as reference for this. Satoko's consistency and good results have earned her a higher PCS than all of the Canadian ladies.

Breaking 130 is another matter. Alaine has the best chance of the ladies to do this. She's skated her FS twice to scores of 129+ (at Minto and ACI). Both times she was not perfect, so she has the potential to score higher. Gabby scored 128.30 at Worlds with a flawed FS, so she has the potential for it as well. But her FS at Nebelhorn had a serious fall and it took her some time to recover. If she goes clean or even mostly clean, I think she may be able to do it. Kaetlyn as well. Kaetlyn's big issue is getting her combinations to work. But I think being 3rd at Nationals lit a fire under Kaetlyn. She is not looking to be 3rd again this year.