• 01 SP

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Emotional honesty is what makes me care so much about certain skaters. The ones that lay it all out for you with their hearts are the ones that steal mine. You totally hit the nail on the head about Love Story S-E. That was a wonderful post. And like you two, any excuse to prolong a Jamie & Dave post is great with me! :love:

BTW-If you are writing their biography, can I get an advanced copy?!?! LOL :laugh:

Saint-Exupery

Rinkside
Awwww......bleuchick and kwanfan, you guys are too kind.....not to mention slightly delusional. :p Speaking of their upcoming bio, any ideas on who the author might be? This is getting a bit off-topic here, so......

Jalousie! This is another one of my faves! Why oh why hasn't anyone picked it yet? It's a charming, charming number! And come on, what other pair has managed to pull of comedy so expertly, so nonchalantly, with such verve, in a short program no less--pressure, anyone? Hello! It's one of the most nervewracking couple minutes in sports! And what do they do? They go out and act like their having FUN, forget that they're doing all sorts of unimaginably risky and dangerous things on the ice, noooo, they're out there to entertain, put on a little show, a rather charming and sexy little vignette. And, of course, the audience goes along with their act--"very entertaining!"--until you go back and see the actual work behind the entertainment, the skill behind their ability to allow the audience to forget the technique, the grit, the sweat, and enjoy the show. A rare gift, don't you think?

OK, I'll stop now. I think I'm a little shell-shocked at finding myself homeless (you S&P fans know what I'm talking about!). That's why I'm babbling so much......well, more than usual. :eek:

Toffee

Rinkside
I went with "other" because for me it's definitely "Who Wants To Live Forever". I'm not a big fan of S&P, but that program was awesome!

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
S-E: I know exactly what you mean about being homeless. Its a bit unsettling, eh?! LOL :laugh: Feel free to gush away here all you want though. You are definitely not alone but you might be a bi more in the minority here. BTW-I post as HeatherC over there in case you want to actually know who I am. :D

And I really could go on all day about my fave Jamie & Dave programs because there isn't really one I don't like which I find very crazy actually. For just about all of my other fave skaters, there's always one or two programs where I am like, 'Eh, I don't think I like that one'. But for these two, they can and have done so many different styles that I find myself enjoying anything they perform no matter what style. I don't even like kd lang's music at all and I LOVED 'Crying' from this past year! Those back to back throws, awesome. How do they do that every year, skate to any type of music?! That takes a talented twosome for sure, LOL :laugh:

bleuchick

On the Ice
S-E - :laugh: :laugh: ...moi delusional...naw...blame it on S/P... :D :laugh:

Before I go offline for a several weeks...I gotta say I too think Jalousie is up there.
It is easy to dismiss it because it is like an exhibition program but when you really look at it...it is not. I could go into why it is not but this is not a thread on Lori's Choreography but S/P programs.

What I also find interesting about S/P is that all their programs have a personal touch to them.

- their love for yoga - Who wants to Live for Ever
- David's sense of humor - Jalousie, La Vie En Rose, Por Una Cabeza
- entertaining and perfoming for people - Jalousie, Come Fly with Me, Come Rain or Come Sunshine. The audience is front and square in these programs. i.e Jamie slaps David's butt and looks to the crowd in Come Rain or Come Sunshine...

[Buechick takes a second look at this last line and rolls eyes at herself. Can't believe I wrote that :laugh:and more :rolleye: . Oh well...lets move on to the next post. I am done for now :laugh: ]

And yes...I am not delusional... :D ;) :love: :)

Last edited:

Matt

On the Ice
Come Away With Me got my vote---most because it's the first programme I saw them skate live (at SOI in Albany, NY). They are so lyrical, and the balance lift of Jamie on David's arm is so much more breathtaking when you're sitting 4 rows back from the ice

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I loved their "Love Story" program, but I loved their "Tristan and Isolde" program the following season because it was classical and their unison was so perfect throughout the program (as it was in Love Story, but on a different level). I also thought the program showed their growth as a pair team from the previous season.