• 01 SP

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

icenut84

Final Flight
Just thought I'd throw this one out :p
I'd choose Come Away With Me, followed by Cha-cha d'Amour.

I'm glad you included "01 SP," because that's what I voted for -- Come Rain or Come Shine. Those Lori Nichol short programs are such exquisite jewels!

Another great program was the exhibition La Vie en Rose.

Mathman

PS. Toni, GrGranny's going to be on your case about that "definately.":laugh:

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
wouldn't be the first time she's caught me... quick, what's the right spelling? :laugh:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
DEFINITELY DEFINITELY DEFINITELY

I put it in my signature hoping people would learn to spell it correctly.
Guess it didn't work. :laugh:
Just remember, there are no a's in definitely

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
ps I haven't corrected anyone in a long time.
Do you know how hard it is to keep your mouth, or keyboard, shut? :laugh:

floskate

On the Ice
Love Story wothout a doubt. The clarity of the piece was wonderful. I was glad they used it for Olympics, because up until that point, I'd only seen it at 2000 Worlds and wanted to see it clean in a major competition. It'll be a long time before we see a pairs program like that again! :love:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Grgranny said:
ps I haven't corrected anyone in a long time.
Do you know how hard it is to keep your mouth, or keyboard, shut? :laugh:

now see that's the real reason I went and spelled it wrong, so you'd have to correct me! ;) :laugh:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Well, I could go into a gush about every single program listed there but my vote went to Tristan & Isolde. It was the first program I ever saw from them and it has always been a favorite of mine. I believed them when I saw them skate this number in SA 00. Its just gorgeous choreography and IMO, you can't go wrong when you wear green for your costumes! Well, in Jamie's case, those 94 SP outfits that her and Jason wore are REALLY bad but I digress, LOL :laugh:

And two VERY close seconds would be Come Rain or Come Shine (SP 01) and Love Story both of which I adore as well. And poor Mathman all ready knows how much I adore every single thing that Lori Nichol has ever done for Jamie & David!! LOL :love:

Saint-Exupery

Rinkside
Oh dear.....get ready for some sickeningly sweet J&D gushing.... :D LOL, I tend to go a little overboard when posting about this pair (because I love them so!) but I'll try to be somewhat restrained. :p

I'm gonna go with "Who Wants To Live Forever" for fave S&P prgram (for now) just because it's such a departure from the more romantic pieces they've become known for. The program, and the song itself, is what you would call 'haunting'.....if you look at the lyric by itself you wouldn't think it very affecting, but combined with Freddie Mercury's voice and his tragic, almost operatic life and death, the song becomes unbelievably powerful. It's a credit to S&P that they didn't get drowned out by its power but instead managed to embody beautifully its raw emotion and its aching, beyond-words sadness. I especially love the ending of the program (which still gives me goosebumps), where they go into a spiral accompanied by the last line of the song, "who waits forever anyway", then Jamie continues the spiral by herself and they end the program with that wonderful on-the-spot lift, displaying their formidable strength and timing and Jamie's usual flawless air position. I really love this program! It's not a 'traditional' pairs program by any means but that's what I love about it! Who would have thought that the sickly-sweet Love Story couple (as perhaps a lot of people would characterize S&P's on-ice persona) could interpret Queen as well as they did? I can't wait to see what they come up with, this coming season.

Last edited:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Excellent post S-E! Glad to see another huge J&D fan here! You won't hear me complaining about J&D gushing, LOL :laugh:

I had the pleasure of seeing WWTLF the very first time it was ever performed for the public last fall and it was just amazing. It wasn't a total clean performance but I couldn't take my eyes off them all through it. The power of that program was evident right from the start. It was very different from everything they've done before and I just LOVED it. Every time they skated it last year (which, sadly, was reduced to only three times due to David's foot injury), I got total chills. I am SO happy that they aren't just riding completely on everything they've done in the past but are taking some chances and trying new things as professionals. It will always keep them fresh and interesting IMO. I too can't wait to see what they come up with this year. :love:

I could never pick just one program of theirs that I love the best because normally I adore anything they do program wise. They are one of those rare pairs that can skate to any type of music and make it work. :D

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I guess that I am in the minority here because I went with "Orchid". This masterpiece of a program never got off the ground and was replaced with "Love Story" at the SLC Oly's.....(big mistake).......42

Chele615

Rinkside
Yeah, I voted for other. For some reason, Por Una Cabeza, aka the "Scent of a Woman" short program from 99-00, is my favorite program of theirs of all time!!! I don't know exactly why I love it so much...I just do :)

bleuchick

On the Ice
An S-P poll and I never saw it....Houston we have a problem!

There is not such word as favourite program for S/P, imo...everyone of their programs has something special and S/P-ish. I have three special ones:

1. Come Fly with Me - as close as possible to the classic dance icons - Fred & Ginger but on ice. Plus I like Chris's choreography.

2. Tristan and Isolde - they are Tristan and Isolde

3. Love Story - It is not my favourite in terms of skating but it is top three because it is all Jamie and David.

Honourable: Orchids - because it has the potential to beat all their other programs. I wish they had used it in another year other than the olympics year. Then maybe it would have been perfect.

mike79

On the Ice
Show, I'm with you. Orchid is their forgotten gem of a program. Like all of the great pairs programs, i.e. City Lights, Moonlight Sonata, etc, etc, it was like art on ice.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I have to agree that Orchid is such an overlooked program of J&Ds. It was simply exquisite and it would have been quite interesting to see them skate that in SLC. In light of how awful a time they had at Canadians with it though (sadly, the last ever skate they did of that program was one of their very worst performances ever as a team), I am kinda glad they chose LS for the Olys for the comfort level and the helping keep their nerves in check that that program gave them there. That said, I do wish I had gotten a chance to see Orchid more often that season. What a beautiful program. And you can't often go wrong with a good Rachmaninoff piece for your music!! :love:

Saint-Exupery

Rinkside
Hehe.....any excuse to prolong a S&P thread. :D

Like bleuchick, I find it hard to say that I have a definitive fave, but I chose WWTLF becaused it showed their amazing versatility and proved that, yes, they can do more than flirty/playful/romantic. I also love Come Fly With Me for its dancey, carefree feel, and the way they stay faithful to the unique feel of this type of song.....a wistful sort of elegance, a joy and innocence of a bygone era. And the lifts! They're incorporated so unobtrusively into the program, and I always admire how easy they make those look. As for Love Story, well, this program has a lot of baggage that comes with it, but if people saw this program for what it is, without too much preconceptions, it's a fine, fine piece of work. There is the simple but effective (and even moving) music that is edited to present the bare bones of a tragic love story, a choreography that fills out the story in evocative, simple strokes, and a pair of skaters who brought the whole story to life by the incredible passion with which they skated the program. They laid themselves bare emotionally. So what if their vehicle was Love Story instead of some classic, music-with-pedigree? Emotional honesty is emotional honesty, and it shines through anything. I believe this is what makes Love Story special, and what make it enduring--the emotion. I've never seen anything like it.

bleuchick

On the Ice
Saint-Exupery said:
Hehe.....any excuse to prolong a S&P thread. :D

Like bleuchick, I find it hard to say that I have a definitive fave, but I chose WWTLF becaused it showed their amazing versatility and proved that, yes, they can do more than flirty/playful/romantic. I also love Come Fly With Me for its dancey, carefree feel, and the way they stay faithful to the unique feel of this type of song.....a wistful sort of elegance, a joy and innocence of a bygone era. And the lifts! They're incorporated so unobtrusively into the program, and I always admire how easy they make those look. As for Love Story, well, this program has a lot of baggage that comes with it, but if people saw this program for what it is, without too much preconceptions, it's a fine, fine piece of work. There is the simple but effective (and even moving) music that is edited to present the bare bones of a tragic love story, a choreography that fills out the story in evocative, simple strokes, and a pair of skaters who brought the whole story to life by the incredible passion with which they skated the program. They laid themselves bare emotionally. So what if their vehicle was Love Story instead of some classic, music-with-pedigree? Emotional honesty is emotional honesty, and it shines through anything. I believe this is what makes Love Story special, and what make it enduring--the emotion. I've never seen anything like it.

Bleuchick steps on stage ....

*clap* *clap* *clap*...

now if S/P do not sign you to write their biography then I dunno...wait a sec...you are not writing it, are you? :D ;)

:love: :love: :love:

in any case, it is a lovely post...

Last edited: