Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Portland, Baby!!!

Portland, Baby!!!

Ok in 17 days I will be heading down the highway in a uhaul with my best friend and her mom. My best friend is going to a culinary school in Portland and I'm going down there with her to help her move in. We leave July 30/31 and I get back on the red-eye August 14/15 into Anchorage, where I am moving to for college. I may or may not be online much after Wednesday of this week as I'm packing up all my crap in the next couple weeks... *sigh* It's getting close and just wanted to put this out there so that no one asks where I went to!

While I'm gone I don't know if I'll be able to be online at all, so while email will be appreciated don't go overboard as I may not get to check it and it'll get full!

Anywho, I've got to post this on all of the message boards I'm a big part of so that no one worries

Toni, what an exciting time for you........have a wonderful experience.........and don't worry about GS..........we'll take good care of things for you....... :D 42

just promise to be good so that the mods don't have to work hard

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    Toni,
    Will you be able to make a detour to Seattle to visit Mr. Summers? I hope you might have the time (but I understand how frantic moving is!) Best of luck on the trek.

if I can get a hold of him before we leave I may... I really want to, but I haven't gotten in touch with anyone who can get me in touch with him. *sigh* it's so frustrating. I still can't find my jr. high year books either and it's really bugging me...

Toni-good luck with your move and with college.

HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME!

I wish you all the best. Hope you have a really great time and everything works out really great.

Sal-Kowabunga!
    Toni,

Have a great trip. And best wishes to you and you friend at your new schools.

Have a safe trip, Toni. I'm sure you'll be a big help to your friend. Best wishes for you in college!

Good luck Toni, have a safe trip and have fun. Post pictures whenever you can.

Fan of The Incomparable Sonja Henie Glacierskater's Avatar
    College in Alaska. Sounds cool...no pun intended. Be careful, have a good time, and you will be back on the board after you get settled into school, right? Enjoy this time in your life, and seize opporutnity and adventure. But don't pet polar bears in the wild.

Well it won't be all that "cool" as I was born and raised here in Alaska... it's a 3 hour move but it feels like I'm moving somewhere out east!

I will still be a mod here, and plan to be on just as much as always... we'll see how that goes but yeah I'm not going to abandon my net buddies just cause I'm gettin' some "edjukashun"

Fan of The Incomparable Sonja Henie Glacierskater's Avatar
    You know...had I read your location I would have known that.

Okay, so now I have to ask...have you seen poloar bears in the wild? My dream trip is to go seem them in Manitoba on the tours in October as they are gathering in anticipation of the Hudson Bay freezing over for winter. My other half assures me that we will be able to take this trip in the next 5 years. He thinks that I am a nut, but I have been fascinated with polar bears since childhood.
    Last edited by Glacierskater; 07-14-2004 at 02:22 PM.

nope never in the wild... and only once at the zoo (and once at Sea World Florida)

Polar Bears don't live all over Alaska... just northern Alaska(very northern) contrary to what they tell kids in school the whole state is not a frozen wasteland where Polar Bears rule all... where I am we're actually very mild in weather/temperature... and this year we've seen a spike in the heat... it's been consistantly in the high 80s (plus humidity) for the last month!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast