Portland, Baby!!! | Golden Skate

Portland, Baby!!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ok in 17 days I will be heading down the highway in a uhaul with my best friend and her mom. My best friend is going to a culinary school in Portland and I'm going down there with her to help her move in. We leave July 30/31 and I get back on the red-eye August 14/15 into Anchorage, where I am moving to for college. :) I may or may not be online much after Wednesday of this week as I'm packing up all my crap in the next couple weeks... *sigh* It's getting close and just wanted to put this out there so that no one asks where I went to! :laugh:

While I'm gone I don't know if I'll be able to be online at all, so while email will be appreciated don't go overboard as I may not get to check it and it'll get full! :)

Anywho, I've got to post this on all of the message boards I'm a big part of so that no one worries ;)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Toni, what an exciting time for you........have a wonderful experience.........and don't worry about GS..........we'll take good care of things for you....... :D ;) 42

bronxgirl

Medalist
Toni,
Will you be able to make a detour to Seattle to visit Mr. Summers? I hope you might have the time (but I understand how frantic moving is!) Best of luck on the trek. :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
if I can get a hold of him before we leave I may... I really want to, but I haven't gotten in touch with anyone who can get me in touch with him. *sigh* it's so frustrating. I still can't find my jr. high year books either and it's really bugging me...

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I wish you all the best. Hope you have a really great time and everything works out really great.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Toni,

Have a great trip. And best wishes to you and you friend at your new schools.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Have a safe trip, Toni. I'm sure you'll be a big help to your friend. Best wishes for you in college! :)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Good luck Toni, have a safe trip and have fun. Post pictures whenever you can.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
College in Alaska. Sounds cool...no pun intended. Be careful, have a good time, and you will be back on the board after you get settled into school, right? Enjoy this time in your life, and seize opporutnity and adventure. But don't pet polar bears in the wild. :p

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Well it won't be all that "cool" as I was born and raised here in Alaska... it's a 3 hour move but it feels like I'm moving somewhere out east! :laugh:

I will still be a mod here, and plan to be on just as much as always... we'll see how that goes :laugh: but yeah I'm not going to abandon my net buddies just cause I'm gettin' some "edjukashun" ;)

Glacierskater

On the Ice
You know...had I read your location I would have known that. :)

Okay, so now I have to ask...have you seen poloar bears in the wild? My dream trip is to go seem them in Manitoba on the tours in October as they are gathering in anticipation of the Hudson Bay freezing over for winter. My other half assures me that we will be able to take this trip in the next 5 years. He thinks that I am a nut, but I have been fascinated with polar bears since childhood.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
nope never in the wild... and only once at the zoo (and once at Sea World Florida)

Polar Bears don't live all over Alaska... just northern Alaska(very northern) contrary to what they tell kids in school the whole state is not a frozen wasteland where Polar Bears rule all... where I am we're actually very mild in weather/temperature... and this year we've seen a spike in the heat... it's been consistantly in the high 80s (plus humidity) for the last month! :eek:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
LOL! yeah I think it'll be good to fly home even though I hate hate HATE flying... my tummy just can't take it... lots of flat 7Up ... :p

I ran out of boxes yesterday and we are having company for two days... I get a break! YEAY! :laugh:

Last edited: