Quad loop a "hip killer"? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Quad loop a "hip killer"?

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Comfirmed what? Lots of skater practice it, I don't know what u mean here

Considering the disastrous end to the season Yuzuru had in 2015-2016 due to injury, it doesn't look like he's practising the quad Loop with transitions out of it for fun. No, this is part of a program.

bibi1899

Rinkside
Considering the disastrous end to the season Yuzuru had in 2015-2016 due to injury, it doesn't look like he's practising the quad Loop with transitions out of it for fun. No, this is part of a program.

So if this your assumption please write it clearly.
It is just confirmed by YOU.
Is it difficult for you to add I think or I believe?

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
So if this your assumption please write it clearly.
It is just confirmed by YOU.
Is it difficult for you to add I think or I believe?

This is Yuzuru though... that alone is enough for me to think the 4Lo is confirmed for next season ;)

The question is: SP, LP, or both? :biggrin:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
This is Yuzuru though... that alone is enough for me to think the 4Lo is confirmed for next season ;)

The question is: SP, LP, or both? :biggrin:

the question is both in sp and in LP and how many quads in LP, 3 maybe 4? :biggrin:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Not with this level of quality and consistency...

And so it starts, the Hanyufans instant dismissal of others' attempts in an attempt to build up their skater as some kind of god...

How would you know no-one else is doing it "with this level of quality and consistency"? Just because there's not another person letting out videos every other week, doesn't mean no-one else is doing it.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
And so it starts, the Hanyufans instant dismissal of others' attempts in an attempt to build up their skater as some kind of god...

How would you know no-one else is doing it "with this level of quality and consistency"? Just because there's not another person letting out videos every other week, doesn't mean no-one else is doing it.

I get the point that others might be doing it similarly well and all just without us knowing it, but really, 'letting out videos every other week'? As if Yuzu was so fond of putting up bragging videos of how his practices are going.
But if you managed to get 4Lo videos from Yuzu every week these latest months, you should have made a fortune selling them to all the fans who were pretty much desperate for any kind of news. What a shame you didn't use that opportunity :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Out of curiosity, do you list "constantly bashing an entire group of people because I have a beef with an individual" as a part-time job or is that just a hobby?

moriel

Record Breaker
I think we need the season to start, finally.
Most threads have turned into fanwars. Here, people are talking about Hanyu, the "ISU votes to abolish anonymous judging" thread turned into a massive offtop about how Mao is underscored, etc.
Just saying.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think we need the season to start, finally.
Most threads have turned into fanwars. Here, people are talking about Hanyu, the "ISU votes to abolish anonymous judging" thread turned into a massive offtop about how Mao is underscored, etc.
Just saying.

I was just thinking that I started this thread as an attempt to see if people could enlighten us about the loop jump and its difficulty and how taxing it is on the body. I'm happy to see that a lot of insightful, thoughtful comments have been posted. Big mistake on my part to repost the video clip from Yuzu's thread that showed his quad loop (and BTW it seems the link doesn't work now)...Can you please take the Yuzu arguments to his thread? Thank you.

Last edited:

moriel

Record Breaker
I was just thinking that I started this thread as an attempt to see if people could enlighten us about the loop jump and its difficulty and how taxing it is on the body. I'm happy to see that a lot of insightful, thoughtful comments have been posted. Big mistake on my part to repost the video clip from Yuzu's thread that showed his triple loop (and BTW it seems the link doesn't work now)...Can you please take the Yuzu arguments to his thread? Thank you.

Cant help, not an admin, and i´ve been smapping myself too hehe =)
But hopefully folks see and stop =(

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cant help, not an admin, and i´ve been smapping myself too hehe =)
But hopefully folks see and stop =(

My apologies. I should not have put that in response to your comment. I meant it as a general comment, not as something directed at you.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Big mistake on my part to repost the video clip from Yuzu's thread that showed his triple loop (and BTW it seems the link doesn't work now)...

The link might not work anymore because it was a re-post of another video without the original posters permission. It was originally posted by a girl in a facebook fan group, where I don't think you can see the video if you're not a member... but in case you can, the facebook post is here.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
^^^ I am not part of that group and got to see the video. Very nice 4Loop. It does look painful for the landing leg though (not talking about Yuzu specifically here but as a jump)...

Arriba, join the club... every thread posted turns into a yuzu this or not. It's getting heavy for everyone.... That's why many of us stick to our fan fests ;)

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty

Oh, please. Give me a break! This is just fact. And we or anyone else don't have to "attempt to build [him] up as some kind of god." He does that himself and doesn't need help.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Maybe we can have a compilation of quad loops. Videos of every quad loop out there. Anyone got names? Then we could discuss the mechanics based on the videos.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
How do you know of every skater out there practicing 4Loop and the quality of how they're executing it? Or is this going to be a case of, "Well, if it's not on Instagram it doesn't exist..."

How about this? Of the men that can do multiple types of quads, how many have jumping technique as pure as Hanyu's? Not just on one or two or even three jumps but for all of them? Certainly not Max Aaron, Boyang Jin. Not even Shoma Uno and his 3.5F. People mention that scraggly Kevin Reynolds (he's done anyway). And of course we all (well most of us) know that Adam and Jason will never have a true quad period so we can disregard them. Javier comes the closest (and that's even debatable). Patrick potentially could but thinking he will get a 4Lo is laughable. When no other man has that level of quality on easier jumps, how the hell can they have similar or better quality on a 4Lo?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yuzu's second 4 loop is gorgeous :love:... the other ones are great too but landed lower which scared me for the body...
menshov's is low too but seems not as killer on the hip.. but what do i know?

mroz :another one that i find low and hip killer
kevin has the highest best landing... is it fully rotated though?
random dude... jerk movement in the lower back is more intense than all four other skaters... i guess that jump could also be a lower back killer, not only a hip killer ?

thanks for doing this mango... it was very interesting!
Ok I put together a list myself. In alphabetical order of last name.

Yuzuru Hanyu
Konstantin Menshov
Brandon Mroz
Kevin Reynolds
Unknown skater attempt

Kevin landed like a cat. :eeking: He has an illustrious quad history to which he is attempting to return. Even if his technique is no longer considered 'pure', you have to applaud a guy who is just going for it after sacrificing his hips for figure skating.