Quad loop a "hip killer"? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Quad loop a "hip killer"?

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Ok I put together a list myself. In alphabetical order of last name.

Yuzuru Hanyu

i still think the one Yuzu did at DOI 2014, the very 1st quad loop we saw of his was his best (and its not just because of the loose tshirt :biggrin:) :love:, also one he did at SC Autumn Classic practice was great too

Last edited:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
i still think the one Yuzu did at DOI 2014, the very 1st quad loop he did was his best (and its not just because of the loose tshirt :biggrin:) :love:, also one he did at SC Autumn Classic practice was great too

The last one taken at cricket recently was the best for me, have you seen? it looked like a triple :biggrin:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
The last one taken at cricket recently was the best for me, have you seen? it looked like a triple :biggrin:

i did but i may have lied about loose tshirt not affecting my choice :eek:::biggrin: i dont know maybe because it was 1st time we saw him land it, i just love it (4th one in the video )

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Brandon Mroz..where and what is he doing now? After Boyang's magnificent 4lz-3t landing at Cup of China last season, I googled to find out his whereabouts, but no avail. I guess he was very ambitious only on technical contents.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Ok I put together a list myself. In alphabetical order of last name.

Yuzuru Hanyu
Konstantin Menshov
Brandon Mroz
Kevin Reynolds
Unknown skater attempt ...

Why is Krasnozhon not on your list??

I believe he already was mentioned in this thread.
In any case, videos of his quad loop have been posted and discussed elsewhere on GS a number of times. (Videos clearly identified with his name.)
The official ISU Facebook page even re-posted one of the videos of Krasnozhon.

Brandon Mroz..where and what is he doing now? After Boyang's magnificent 4lz-3t landing at Cup of China last season, I googled to find out his whereabouts, but no avail. I guess he was very ambitious only on technical contents.

As of a couple of years ago, Mroz was performing on a cruise ship.
At least one or two photos from then were posted on GS. He looked good :).
(I don't recall any subsequent updates.)

Last edited:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Why is Krasnozhon not on your list??

I believe he already was mentioned in this thread.
In any case, videos of his quad loop have been posted and discussed elsewhere on GS a number of times. (Videos clearly identified with his name.)
The official ISU Facebook page even re-posted one of the videos of Krasnozhon.

Sorry I am not familiar with who's done it so I asked for names and when I didn't get replies I just put 'quad loop' in YouTube and posted the first few results I got that were actually skating videos. Anyone can expand the list, I did not mean it to be exhaustive in any way. Which is why I didn't even include the 4Lo from The Cricket.

That Autumn Classic 4Lo by Yuzuru is just huge! :eeking: Will we be seeing that this year? :think:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Anyone can expand the list, I did not mean it to be exhaustive in any way. ...

Thx, now I understand.

So here are some of the videos of Aleksei Krasnozhon's quad loop:

Three from Jun 2016 Aerial Challenge competition

- https://www.instagram.com/p/6LtO3qpcf4/?taken-by=akrasnozhon (Aug 2015)

- https://www.facebook.com/isufigureskating/posts/997202363638038 (from Jun 2015 Aerial Challenge competition)​

HanDomi

Record Breaker
That Autumn Classic 4Lo by Yuzuru is just huge! :eeking: Will we be seeing that this year? :think:

Hanyu is definitely going to do it. The question is , only in LP or in both programs. Maybe Max Aaron will try too ? And Alexei is still there. This season we will have all quad types in competition besides axel

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
hehe :) let's wait and see ...
Hanyu is definitely going to do it. The question is , only in LP or in both programs. Maybe Max Aaron will try too ? And Alexei is still there. This season we will have all quad types in competition besides axel

bestolen

Rinkside
How about this? Of the men that can do multiple types of quads, how many have jumping technique as pure as Hanyu's? Not just on one or two or even three jumps but for all of them? Certainly not Max Aaron, Boyang Jin. Not even Shoma Uno and his 3.5F. People mention that scraggly Kevin Reynolds (he's done anyway). And of course we all (well most of us) know that Adam and Jason will never have a true quad period so we can disregard them. Javier comes the closest (and that's even debatable). Patrick potentially could but thinking he will get a 4Lo is laughable. When no other man has that level of quality on easier jumps, how the hell can they have similar or better quality on a 4Lo?

I think Boyang Jin's jumping technique is pure.
He doesn't prerotation over 90 degree in toe jumps and over 135 degree in edge jump.

Javier's jumps are not pure,his flutz and lip..........
Judges are always too nice to him.Not to mention his SS is rough rough rough.
His PCS are just deserve 43+ in short and 85+ in free.

Last edited: