Sasha Cohen's Wedding | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen's Wedding

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Thanks to all :bow: who are sharing photos and articles :popcorn:.

Sad to say that I too am amazed at the lack of restraint re negativity.

I think you are over the top trying to be pc correct. Can people have some fun? What's the big deal? They have a popular tv series's where the brides compete for a honeymoon and Say yes to the dress. And let's be real. For most people it is not a religious sacred ceremony. Especially at the beach screams it is about the party and the dress. So asking an opinion and framing it in gold silver and bronze is perfectly appropriate for a skating forum about um figure skaters. They are highly competitive girls. And since Sasha was the bridesmaid to Michelle at every Nationals - well I am giving her the gold for her dress.

People take this stuff so seriously. I am sure Sasha would be thrilled to get the Dress award on her big day. I am sure she spent hours designing that dr so or tweaking it. She was the ultimate perfectionist everyone says. So 😛

Alex D

Record Breaker
Another beautiful woman gone from my list, of potential brides. :drama:

Wishing Sasha and Tom, all the best and a great time together. :thumbsup:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks to all :bow: who are sharing photos and articles :popcorn:.

Sad to say that I too am amazed at the lack of restraint re negativity.

I think you are over the top trying to be pc correct. Can people have some fun? What's the big deal? They have a popular tv series's where the brides compete for a honeymoon and Say yes to the dress. And let's be real. For most people it is not a religious sacred ceremony. Especially at the beach screams it is about the party and the dress. So asking an opinion and framing it in gold silver and bronze is perfectly appropriate for a skating forum about um figure skaters. They are highly competitive girls. And since Sasha was the bridesmaid to Michelle at every Nationals - well I am giving her the gold for her dress.

People take this stuff so seriously. I am sure Sasha would be thrilled to get the Dress award on her big day. I am sure she spent hours designing that dr so or tweaking it. She was the ultimate perfectionist everyone says. So 😛

If everyone -- Sasha, Michelle, Tara, etc. -- in your ridiculous competition gets a gold medal for her wedding dress, then fine.

But if you are "awarding" only one gold medal, then I think your "competition" -- no matter how (supposedly) light-hearted -- is contemptible.
I find it unnecessary, inappropriate, and disrespectful to judge any bride to be less than equal to any other bride in any respect -- and to have fun at a bride's expense.

It is COMPLETELY different from judging Sasha, Michelle, and Tara on their skating -- their performances in a competitive sport in which they chose to take each other on, with gold medals at stake.

"Say Yes To The Dress" is not a competition show.

I am vaguely aware of another show by another name that has some kind of competition aspect to it. As you can tell, I know next to nothing about that other show, and I have no desire to know more -- b/c I find its competition aspect to be contemptible as well. Sasha and Michelle did not choose to participate in that kind of competition -- and did not choose to be judged on their bridal choices. (I assume that Tara will not do so either.)

My opinion has absolutely nothing to do with religion, BTW. (I am not a religious person.)
It has everything to do with common courtesy and human decency. For me, common courtesy and human decency are a "big deal."
If my posts on this matter make me OTT PC in your eyes, then I consider it a badge of honor.

Last edited:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Ok Ice you need to chill. It's light hearted and I think we could have best dress with pewter if Sarah gets married soon. Can anyone have fun? A wedding dress is special but we judge dresses here all the time. Logically you make no sense. And you are not being fun. Contemptible? OTT badge of honor you get gold.

If me playing a game like the tv show where the dress and whole venue is judged- 4 brides is contemptible what words do you use for Donald Trump. You are dictating what people can say and it is okay if the are no winners? All get the gold? Then why compare and discuss?

Geez sorry I offended you ice. But you are attacking me and calling me names. That is well highly contemptible. Please don't reply. And begging as you put it should be for food or survival. Again OTT talk. Sasha would laugh if she's as nice as folks who met her are saying.

I don't know the reality show but four friends compete about the wedding and winner gets a great trip. It is now cultural and not a religious scared ceremony for most couples- which may be why one in two end in divorce but that's a different topic altogether.

And Ice people can comment negatively- free speech. No knew has to like her dress or anything. This isn't a fan fest cheerleading thread. People are afraid to be honest. I know because at times I get messages. So have a happy night/day. Ok?

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... OTT badge of honor you get gold.

.... what words do you use for Donald Trump. ...

... Then why compare and discuss?

... Please don't reply. ...

You did not go along with my request, and I am not going to go along with yours.

Still a badge of honor :cool:.

I explained my logic in my previous post. If my logic went over your head, I'm not going to waste my time repeating it.
In any case, what I would call illogical is your random and totally extraneous :rofl: allusion to Donald Trump, which has nothing to do with anything.

My entire point is that there is no reason to compare brides to the point of ranking one over another.
For me, Sasha on her wedding day should feel like the most beautiful bride with the most beautiful dress.
Michelle on her wedding day should feel like the most beautiful bride with the most beautiful dress.
Tara on her wedding day should feel like the most beautiful bride with the most beautiful dress.
Sarah on her wedding day should feel like the most beautiful bride with the most beautiful dress.

If you wanted to have fun giving different medals to different Olympic costumes, I would keep my mouth shut.
I see no fun in ranking one wedding dress over another.

Time for me to go polish my badge of honor :).

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Amazingly some people could not restrain from negative remarks even in this happy & celebratory thread :roll9:

I know and those remarks have nothing to do with anything, just idle chatter. I just wish that people would stop being mean spirited and stop the whole thing about being pc correct. I wonder how they would like it if people made those kinds of comments about them??? I think being direct has nothing to do with hurting people.

Sasha is beautiful, and made a beautiful bride, and her dress is gorgeous!!! :love:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Well then every bride is beautiful right? Who said she wasn't. It is hardly mean to pick ones favorite wedding dress. Remember how many people hated Tatiana v's dress? Do you think just going and cooing makes us think you are a great person? Look at the comments skaters get when they gain ten pounds.

And you are insulting ice coverage. So the series and all the brides are contemptible right? Please.

brightphoton

Medalist
I haven't heard from Sasha in a while, aside from the wedding business, of course. Does anyone know what's she's up to?
I have a vague recollection that she graduated from Columbia in finance and is working at a hedge fund. her senior project was starting a business selling socks with magnets in them. But someone upthread said she was getting into politics.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I've seen bits of the wedding contest show, "Four Weddings" on TLC. I do consider it offensive. And I definitely don't consider "well, it's on TLC, so it much be OK" to be a valid argument. TLC almost epitomizes bad taste and excess to me.

I actually think the whole wedding industry (TV shows, magazines, bride expos, etc) has caused weddings to go way over the top. The average wedding is much too expensive, and there is a whole culture out there that encourages that through both comparing weddings and through defining what is "necessary" for a wedding. Would you allow your guests to sit in naked chairs? Or a bride to walk down an aisle that doesn't have large satin bows on each pew, to be discarded after one use?

The wedding industry makes money by defining what a wedding "should" have, then selling it to people at inflated prices. And a culture that considers comparing weddings or there components as "lighthearted fun" really contributes to that.

And a culture that considers comparing weddings or there components as "lighthearted fun" really contributes to that.

Even worse are the bachelor and bachellorette type shows that blatantly mock and profane the institution of marriage.

..noticed all three skaters Kwan Cohen and Lipinski got oval rings that must be about the Rink.

Michelle's husband said that they went with oval shape because it looked best with Michelle's long, thin fingers -- pllus the skating rink thing, of course. ;)

brightphoton

Medalist
Even worse are the bachelor and bachellorette type shows that blatantly mock and profane the institution of marriage.

Isn't it the opposite? Marriage is put on a pedestal on those shows. The grand prize is marriage to a man or woman.

brightphoton

Medalist
I have news that will warm your heart. At least two couples from the American version of those shows actually got married and stayed married. Not bad for 20 seasons

Hahahaha! You better watch out, Mathman. There was a poster earlier who was throwing a fit because brides were being ranked. You are going to be sent straight to morality jail ;-)

RobinBond

Rinkside
I haven't heard from Sasha in a while, aside from the wedding business, of course. Does anyone know what's she's up to?
I have a vague recollection that she graduated from Columbia in finance and is working at a hedge fund. her senior project was starting a business selling socks with magnets in them. But someone upthread said she was getting into politics.

Sasha posted on her Facebook on Aug 11 that she has "started working for a pop culture media app." I won't give the name of the app here since I think it's not allowed, but you can go to Sasha's Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/sashacohenofficial/) if you want to see it.

She got her degree in Political Science (she started out in finance but changed to political science) in May, but it does not appear that she is doing anything related to politics right now.

Last edited:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I have news that will warm your heart. At least two couples from the American version of those shows actually got married and stayed married. Not bad for 20 seasons

Hahahaha! You better watch out, Mathman. There was a poster earlier who was throwing a fit because brides were being ranked. You are going to be sent straight to morality jail ;-)

No one would dare call Cosmo or Mathman contemptible. Even in jest. We like ranking things.

But I agree the reality tv shows really are mostly bad but the wedding competitions thing is way better than Kardashians Duck Family Junk pickets hoarders survivor little people honey boo boo ad nauseum. I barely have cable. And I hate paying for any TV.

As for the whole wedding competition thing it is OTT. And that is because every girl wants their day to be the best and women are and always will want the biggest best diamond the best dress best venue food band etc. I think sometimes the wedding is about fixing faults in the relationship. My best friend outdid her sister and cousins in true Italian style drama. It ended in divorce. It was al about finally getting married and showing off. Well it is a big day and who is to say what is the norm?

To me if the ceremony is not centered in the vows said before God and man then it is more for show and attention. When out door and beach weddings became common in the sixties and the church or temple were not the place people always married in it became less sacred. People forget who raised marriage to sacramental level and why He did it.🌄

Tv has nothing not even skating. it is truly awful.

Last edited:

Spiral

Final Flight
To me if the ceremony is not centered in the vows said before God and man then it is more for show and attention. When out door and beach weddings became common in the sixties and the church or temple were not the place people always married in it became less sacred. People forget who raised marriage to sacramental level and why He did it.

For non-religious people the ceremony is centered on their love and commitment to each other and on creating a new family together. I don't think this makes the ceremony any less elevated.