US Champs' Camp 2016 | Golden Skate

US Champs' Camp 2016

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Per usual, USFS is keeping a lid on much of which is happening at Champs camp... a few photos from some of the skaters, but nothing of any real skating content. Very disappointing IMHO.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I was expecting at at least get a little more cuteness from them this year. I can see wanting to keep the programs private... but can't we see them cooking, and learning mime, and stuff like that?

I still can't figure out if Tyler Pierce is even there or not. I think they did a cooking class of some sort. Tim Dolensky is doing USfigure skating's snapchat and Ashley is doing the same for John Wilson Blades, but nothing to interesting has come out. I think they took a class on anatomy at UCCS... thrilling.

maybe we will get a video later.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yesterday Polina Edmunds was live from Champs Camp on the USFS Facebook page.
The archived interview is about nine minutes long.

She was terrific. Charming and poised. Plus she looked gorgeous.
Answered some substantive questions -- about her programs and goals for the new season; about what happens at Champs Camp; etc. -- as well as fluffier ones.
(Applause to Michael Terry of USFS for selecting a good mix of questions from Facebook fans.)

Not sure whether this interview already was posted in Polina's fan thread or elsewhere on GS.
In any case, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Team building will be happening tonight, per the Grant/Jason live Facebook interview that just concluded:

Grant and Jason play off each other well. Very entertaining. Once again, some informative/serious answers mixed in with more light-hearted stuff.

Are Jason and Gracie from the same town in Illinois? They don't sound alike but, their speech patterns are very similar. Jason and that phone were hilarious. Grant seems like the nicest guy in the world. Speaking of Grant, was Caroline at this camp as well?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Are Jason and Gracie from the same town in Illinois? They don't sound alike but, their speech patterns are very similar. Jason and that phone were hilarious. Grant seems like the nicest guy in the world. Speaking of Grant, was Caroline at this camp as well?

First, my apologies to Stitch. Didn't realize that she already posted a Jason/Grant link before I did.

One of my favorite parts of their video was their excitement at going to Lombardia together.
(And with Max going too, we can look forward to a three-man bromance in Italy :popcorn:.)

mrrice, Caroline is not at Champs Camp -- b/c she does not have a GP assignment.
So happens that in answer to a light-hearted question about non-skating activities, Grant says in this video that he has started gardening, and mentions anecdotally that he left Caroline in charge of his strawberries back home. (But ... he received the "tragic" ;) :drama: news that the strawberries died.)

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
First, my apologies to Stitch. Didn't realize that she already posted a Jason/Grant link before I did.

One of my favorite parts of their video was their excitement at going to Lombardia together.
(And with Max going too, we can look forward to a three-man bromance in Italy :popcorn:.)

mrrice, Caroline is not at Champs Camp -- b/c she does not have a GP assignment.
So happens that in answer to a light-hearted question about non-skating activities, Grant says in this video that he has started gardening, and mentions anecdotally that he left Caroline in charge of his strawberries back home. (But ... he received the "tragic" ;) :drama: news that the strawberries died.)

Thank you so much for answering my question. I love this page and this such an exciting time in US Figure Skating. In fact, it's an exciting time in skating everywhere. :points:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The USFSA video with Grant and Jason!!!! :biggrin:

That. Is. Hilarious! Maybe I am too easily amused, but I was laughing the whole time. :laugh2: and Grant was the perfect straight man "Who is your biggest influence? Well, Jason Brown" and then Jason "Sadly, I can't say Grant Hochstein"

This is what I want from Champs Camp. Do yourself a favor, even if you don't think you're Jason's or Grant's biggest fan, and watch the video. :agree:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are Jason and Gracie from the same town in Illinois? They don't sound alike but, their speech patterns are very similar.

Jason is from Highland Park. Not 100% certain on Gracie, but I'm pretty sure not Highland Pk.

noskates

Record Breaker
According to Wiki she was raised in Springfield, Illinois. Not sure about the geography involved here.

Loved the video with Grant and Jason. I think Jason is chronically happy. He must be a blast to be around in a casual setting.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Really enjoyed these two videos! I'm so glad that our athletes have this safe space to learn and experiment without the pressure of cameras, and as Jason said, to hang out and have fun together. That's Team Building:):hap93: