Which is Sasha's True Trade Mark? | Golden Skate

Which is Sasha's True Trade Mark?

Which is Sasha's True Trade Mark?

• Total voters

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
I would say that both her "I" spin (was this the one you mean? where she holds her leg in front of her face?) and the amplitude she gets in her spiral are things everyone connects to Sasha Cohen.

I went for the spin though.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
I think that the I spin would have to be the most recognized as Sasha's...I have not seen the other ladies doing it like she does. I must say that I enjoy watching Sasha skate, and her grace and flexibility are amazing...okay, now I have done it...I am off to watch the Marshall's Challenge for the umpteenth time...where are my Kleenex?

soogar

Record Breaker
That's a really tough one as I feel Sasha has made all of these moves her trademarks. I went with her spiral, but I feel Sasha's true trademark is her elegant presence and extension on the ice which encompasses all of these moves. That's why there are so many folks who go nuts over Sasha.

icenut84

Final Flight
Tough one. My top two would be the spiral and the I spin, as her trademarks. I voted for the spiral. I've not seen many skaters live, but Sasha is one of the ones that I did, a couple of years ago (at the Queen's gala in Nottingham, UK). I remember that her spiral was one of the things that really jumped out at me in a "wow!" way, even though I'd seen her on TV before, at the Olympics. She did the I spin too, but it didn't leap out at me in the same way, although obviously it's amazing. (The other two real "wow" things were Ilia Kulik's jumps and B&S's throw and lifts).

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I was surprised that so many voted for "spiral" unless it was meant as the "skid spiral".......then I would agree. I voted for her incredible Russian split jumps. No one since Rory Flack does them like that, skates above the head and such amplitude..........the best.....42

Chrystia Mee

Rinkside
KatyaFan said:
In your opinion, which is Sashas true trade mark move?

No Charlotte? (did I spell that correctly?)

I would say I think that is definitely a Sasha trademark. Audiences love it. Noone does it like her. Her I spin is arguably hers, but Shizuka made an attempt to do it at Worlds as well. I don't really consider her spiral because it doesnt ahve the lean that Michelle's does, and when I think spiral I'll always think bobek.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I voted for the "I" spin. No one does that spin like Sasha. As a matter of fact I have never seen anyone do that spin like she does.

jesslily

Final Flight
Spiral and Y spin are her true trade marks. Since spiral uses more ice space and music, her spiral really impresses the audience the most. Many skaters can do fairly good spirals, but Sasha's are the greatest. Diana Poth did the Yspin at 1999 world, I assume she is the first person did it, but Sasha's is more spectacular.

bronxgirl

Medalist
Her trademarks to me seem to be her Gumby moves, which distract from the musicality of the piece (IMO). That girl looks like the I spin is just plain excruciating for her to do, and I'm sure she isn't doing it to make people feel sympathy for her.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I would say definitely the "I" spin. I personally don't like the looks of it, but I must admit that it is a stunning move. I don't like when she ends the program with this spin....I much preferred the brilliant forward scratch ending.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I chose the spiral because she looks so great doing that move and takes the spiral move up a notch. The famous spin at the end of course is also identified with Sasha, but I prefer her spiral.

figure8fan17

Rinkside
Sasha's trademark move

That is a tough one. I say the Russian split jump ( her flexibility on that jump is absolutely amazing), her spiral (which I think is far, far better than Michelle Kwan's spiral) or that spin where she pulls her leg up in a high kick position over her head which is usually at the end of her program or at the end of a combination spin...oh decisions...decisions...so difficult when it comes to this sport :rolleye:

Fossi

Final Flight
LMAO at Chuck's response.
I picked other because I don't really think any of these moves are trademark Sasha. I have yet to see something that is her very "own." Hopefully this season.