Are you taking a vacation this summer? | Golden Skate

Are you taking a vacation this summer?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Thought I would start this even though I am leaving Saturday.

My daughter & hubby are taking my sis and me to visit two of our brothers. One manages a campground in Wheatland, WY and the other owns a campground in Stanley, Idaho in the mountains. I truly thought I would probably never get to go on another vacation so am really excited about it. My sis lives in NE so will go pick her up first. I should be back the 31st. I will miss you. Kind of. :love:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
uh... well I guess the roadtrip I'm going on would be considered that

but my big vacation is coming up in November... DISNEY WORLD BABY!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Grgranny:

Vacation? What's that? Could certainly use one. Ah, those golden summers of yore. Mere memories now.

PS - Have fun.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Thanks, Princess. Going to Loup City. Actually to Sherman Lake. My sis lives in a cabin on the lake.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
GrGranny........have a great time....you deserve it.....of course we'll miss you... :cry: 42

guinevere

Final Flight
Grgranny - Have a great time on your trip!!

I am taking my annual trek to see my family in a couple of weeks. I don't consider that a vacation, and I somehow always have the good fortune of going to NYC in August (ugh), but I get to see my mom, grandparents and my brother's family all at once, and the past couple of years my sister has come out at the same time.

I am starting a new job right before I leave, and in a way I wish I could postpone it, but this is probably the last time I will see my grandfather and he will know who I am, so I don't want to put it off.

guinevere

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Have a good trip Gwen. Hope everything goes well and your new job is like doing something having fun and thinking and I get paid for this?.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Last month, I went to Paris for a week. It was awesome! It was my 3d time in Paris, so I didn't worry about sight seeing, just enjoying myself. Two of my friends from Russia went there, so we all met up. Plus we have two former classmates who now live in Paris, plus a former classmate came from Germany. We ended up having a mini-reunion with 6 former classmates of a Russian school, all in Paris! I also rented a car there, so we traveveled for 3 days through the Chateaux of the Loire.

Next month, if all goes well, my fiance and I may go to Germany for a week or so. This way I'll have just enough vacation left to maybe go to Latin America in November (I usually take the Thanksgiving week, so I don't have to take to many vacation days).

Other than that, it's just weekends at the Cape :)

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I'm not going anywhere this summer. I'm planning on having my backyard put in, so that is where all the $$$ is going.

GrGranny have a fun vacation!

Figureskates

On the Ice
The Cape a few weekends.

Rockport another weekend.

Two weeks at Lake Placid to attend the Adult Skating Camp.

Chele615

Rinkside
After camp is over in August, I am going to Rimouski, Quebec to visit one of my friends for a long weekend. I am so excited because she has been down to visit us, and now Cassie and I are going to her part of the world ;)

For everybody going somewhere, have a GREAT time and safe trip!
No vacation for me and hubby--not time, no money :(
We're going to some baseball games thru Aug.-Oct. tho and hopefully another concert or two. Waiting for the date to be announced for Fleetwood Mac to appear locally.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Everyone have fun on their sojourns!!!! I wont be vaccationing this summer, but just not being a full time college student is a break enough for me.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
GrGranny, I'll wave as you pass through Nebraska.http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/wavey.gif I'm not going anywhere distance wise this summer but may go to Kansas City for a couple of days. I want to save my money so possibly??? I may be able to go to Skate Canada again.

Dee

Johar

Medalist
Wow, I'm envious of you, GrGranny! My family would never be like that! They would never allow me to vacation with them at our cottage, or even a campground.

No vacation for me. All opportunities for a ride to Michigan are gone. :cry:

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm off to Saratoga to follow the best thoroughbred horseracing in the country, my sport of choice when figure-skating is on hold. :)

Johar

Medalist
chuckm said:
I'm off to Saratoga to follow the best thoroughbred horseracing in the country, my sport of choice when figure-skating is on hold. :)

You go, girl! You are a smart person!

BTW, will you be able to keep in touch with us while you are there?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sure will. I am a working stiff, so I make the trek to the Spa only on weekends (the best races are on the weekends anyway).

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Didn't suppose I would get a chance to do this while here. Time has really flown. My brother made blueberry pancakes for us all this morning. Yesterday we went to the Salmon river and enjoyed soaking our feet and wading. Went to Idaho Springs the day before. 1 1/2 to 2 hour one way. Beautiful. They have anumber of antique shops but only 2 were open. The road there only goes up and down. :laugh: Don't know yet what we will be doing this afternoon besides eating leftovers both meals. :laugh:
Really having a great time. We leave here Weds.