2016-17 Russian Test skates | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Russian Test skates

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Thanks uhh and noidont. I guess it will come down to wether Marina believes in them or not. If she believes in them she'll do everything to keep them. I think she can be very persuasive.

EDIT:
There are also rumors, on FSO & tumblr, that it's not about money, it's that the rink management doesn't want them there any more, because of the way Nikita has been behaving - I don't want to repeat the exact allegations, because it's very serious, but if true, completely understandable that the rink wouldn't want them.
I found the rumour and if it's true I guess that Marina also wouldn't want to continue to work with them.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Me too :eeking:
& with his own desire to train in the US to behave the way to be forced out of the rink seems reckless even for him...
I wonder how reliable this rumour is:think::think:

uhh

Medalist
& with his own desire to train in the US to behave the way to be forced out of the rink seems reckless even for him...
I wonder how reliable this rumour is:think::think:

Well who knows. But the rumors have come from multiple people, some of whom are based around Detroit, & he is not a stranger to doing reckless things that could risk his career.

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
he is not a stranger to doing reckless things that could risk his career.
I hoped he'd grow up:sad21:

Last edited:

moon

On the Ice
It doesn't have anything to do with growing up. It has to do with his character and values. As well, my first concern would be for his partner and not his career.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
No Stolbova/Klimov? Why???

Edit: no Moser's pairs in that schedule :slink:

chameleon

On the Ice
Morozov might be an option- if I remember, he was supposed to be their coach before the Fed reprimanded him and they ended up having to look for other options. I think he also left them a bit high and dry, but Morozov has been known to accommodate skaters with poor financial situations if that's the issue and they don't have many other options. If it's the rumor of Nikita's behaviour I suppose it would depend on how bad it is and if it's anything Morozov has dealt with before.

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
It doesn't have anything to do with growing up. It has to do with his character and values. As well, my first concern would be for his partner and not his career.
well I didnt know anything about this rumour til several minutes ago
I hope its not true. I dont want it to be :noshake::sad21:

Edit: no Moser's pairs in that schedule
group 2 is listed but not group 1
Their schedule probs are on the diff sheet of paper

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Is Morozov working in Russia? Some say they'll be working in Russia with a coach Nikita has worked with before...

uhh

Medalist
Is Morozov working in Russia? Some say they'll be working in Russia with a coach Nikita has worked with before...

Morozov is in New Jersey, so not him if they are staying in Russia. His previous coaches - he started ice dance in Averbukh's school, don't know who he was with after the first split with Elena, then Zhulin of course, and some time with Kustarova when Morozov went off on jaunts elsewhere. But if it's Kustarova, wouldn't they also say someone Victoria has worked with before as well?

Morozov might be an option- if I remember, he was supposed to be their coach before the Fed reprimanded him and they ended up having to look for other options. I think he also left them a bit high and dry, but Morozov has been known to accommodate skaters with poor financial situations if that's the issue and they don't have many other options. If it's the rumor of Nikita's behaviour I suppose it would depend on how bad it is and if it's anything Morozov has dealt with before.

Who knows what happened with Morozov - I remember Kustarova said he just stopped returning S/K's calls :laugh:. Whether he'd take them on cheaply - yes he did it for Javi, but that was when Javi was only just starting out. Once he was winning Javi had to pay, and it's part of why he went to Toronto; he got a better deal financially there. If S/K are successful, Morozov will want to be paid for his efforts!

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Can anyone decipher this beautiful language? :luv17:

Main arena:

9.00-10.00 ICE DANCE (Stepanova/Bukin, Sinitsina/Katsalapov)
10.00-11.00 ICE DANCE (Zahorski/Guerreiro, Evdokimova/Bazin, Davankova/Shibnev)
-
ICE RESURFACING
-
11.45-12.45 ICE DANCE (Bobrova/Soloviev, Ilinykh/Zhiganshin)
-
ICE RESURFACING
-
13.00-14.00 LADIES 2 (Tuktamysheva, Radionova, Medvedeva, Pogorilaya)
-
ICE RESURFACING
-
14.30-15.30 MEN 1 (Kovtun, Voronov, Kolyada)
-
ICE RESURFACING
-
15.45-16.45 MEN 2 (Dmitriev, Gorshkov, Petrov)
-
ICE RESURFACING
-
17.00-18.00 PAIRS 2 (Astakhova/Rogonov, Kavaguti/Smirnov, Bazarova/Deputat)
-
ICE RESURFACING
-
18.15-19.15 LADIES 1 (Sotnikova, Sotskova, Lipnitskaia, Leonova, Sakhanovich)
-------------------------------------------------------

Practice rink:

9.00-10.00 MEN 1 (Kovtun, Voronov, Kolyada)
-
ICE RESURFACING
-
10.15-11.15 MEN 2 (Dmitriev, Gorshkov, Petrov)
-
ICE RESURFACING
-
11.30-12.30 PAIRS 2 (Astakhova/Rogonov, Kavaguti/Smirnov, Bazarova/Deputat)
-
ICE RESURFACING
-
12.45-13.45 LADIES 1 (Sotnikova, Sotskova, Lipnitskaia, Leonova, Sakhanovich)
-
ICE RESURFACING
-
14.30-15.30 ICE DANCE (Bobrova/Soloviev, Stepanova/Bukin, Sinitsina/Katsalapov)
15.30-16.30 ICE DANCE (Zahorski/Guerreiro, Evdokimova/Bazin, Davankova/Shibnev)
-
ICE RESURFACING
-
17.00-18.00 ICE DANCE (Bobrova/Soloviev, Ilinykh/Zhiganshin)
-
ICE RESURFACING
-
18.15-19.15 LADIES 2 (Tuktamysheva, Radionova, Medvedeva, Pogorilaya)

P.S. I wonder why Bobrova/Soloviev will be showing their dances thrice?

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Morozov is in New Jersey, so not him if they are staying in Russia. His previous coaches - he started ice dance in Averbukh's school, don't know who he was with after the first split with Elena, then Zhulin of course, and some time with Kustarova when Morozov went off on jaunts elsewhere. But if it's Kustarova, wouldn't they also say someone Victoria has worked with before as well?

I have NO idea. This team is damned. But the poster who posted this is very reliable. If he/she wasn't lied about it, of course :laugh:

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
Id be OK if they're coached by Averbuch himself but he's a businessman now