Sasha working on quad for upcoming season | Golden Skate

Sasha working on quad for upcoming season

Longhornliz

Final Flight
In the latest journal entry on Sashacohen.com she talks about her and robin's training programs to get her back into shape, as well as working on the quad both in the harness and on the ice. Should be interesting....

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
If she lands the quad, good for her. However, I would like to see her clean up her flutz (for the love, at least make it no so obvious), and work on getting more of an edge on her spiral. But that's just me. The judges are obviously looking to hand her medals, flutz and flat spirals not withstanding, so what the heck do I know? She doesn't need the quad to win, is I guess what I'm saying, so why risk injury trying to do it?

Laura :)

Chrystia Mee

Rinkside
registered said:
She'll be finally moving to NY (with the family).

http://www.sashacohen.com/move.shtml

Does this mean Sasha is reusing Malaguena AGAIN. That little bit on her site says they are tweaking her short program to accomodate the new sp time rule of 2:50, but it makes a point of saying she has a new lp. I hope I'm just reading it wrong. I love Sasha's Malaguena and it fit her perfectly, but.... 3 years of it is more than enough.

registered

On the Ice
Chrystia Mee said:
Does this mean Sasha is reusing Malaguena AGAIN. That little bit on her site says they are tweaking her short program to accomodate the new sp time rule of 2:50, but it makes a point of saying she has a new lp. I hope I'm just reading it wrong. I love Sasha's Malaguena and it fit her perfectly, but.... 3 years of it is more than enough.

She'll be having 2 new programs for the next season, Long and Short.

pollyls

Rinkside
Sasha and the quad

:( I *really* don't want her to wreck her back again. Was that not how she injured her back -- working on the quad?
Polly

registered

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
How do you know she has a new Short Program?

Cohen gave an interview to a writer, who posts on SashaFans. He said Robin will be choreographing new short and long programs for Sasha. This guy is a reliable source, he's article was featured on USFSA's site.

MidnightNess

Rinkside
Hm..

I understand Cohen's enthusiasm to push herself technically but I do hope Robin is watching her. Given her injury history with her back, I'd be weary of her training the quad AND 3/3s AND her regular triple jumps. :sheesh:

peachstatesk8er

On the Ice
I'm glad she's working on something more. I get bored with skaters who never even attempt a new element. Good for her for working on it, though she did say she wasn't sure if she'd put it in her programs. At least she's trying! :)

peachstatesk8er

On the Ice
KMK0902 said:
Haven't we all heard this before??? :confused:

K
Sometimes skaters work on something for a long time before perfecting it. If you'd read some posts from regular skaters on these boards you'd get the same feeling too, like, holy cow, they've been saying they're working on their lutz or axel for what, 2 years, lol. They're just not in the spotlight, but it's the same sort of thing. Heck some people have been working on their crossovers or mohawks for an awfully long time, but I don't see people saying snippy things about that. Only when it's an elite skater are they expected to just pick up an element overnight and trust me, it just doesn't work that way. Let's cut them some slack and give them credit for at least trying something new or different.

I think Sasha can work on whatever she wants to, and good luck with the quad. But I agree with Princess Leopard that it would be nice to see a true lutz. She really does a flip more than anyone else that flutz.

Joe

Fossi

Final Flight
Sasha has been trying to get that elusive quad since she first came on the scene. It's been a few years now, and she's still talking about landing it? I don't know who that says more about: the fans that buy into it, the media that is so bored they keep reporting on it, or the PR reps that keep pushing it.
Why focus so much on somthing you just don't have? She should try for 3/3's before she focuses so much on the quad. IMO, her triples aren't secure enough at this point to take her focus off just skating clean, landing triples, staying in the game.
like Peehstatesk8ter said though, she might not attempt in her programs. I know she said she was planning 3loop/3loop for Worlds, but that never made it in her program either. I think 3/3's and quads aren't Sasha's forte. She should stick with what she is good at and try to excel at that.

jesslily

Final Flight
I feel the same that she should focus on 3/3 and fixing the flutz rather than quad.
She should get all her triples consistent, and have a balanced program. All her previous programs either front loaded or front and end loaded, or put same jumps back to back, or simplified choreography. A clean well balanced program with text book jumps, and her artistry will bring her the gold medal.