Kwan to be on The View | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kwan to be on The View

J

Joesitz

Re: Michelle on the View

The BIG question is: Can Michelle hold her own among Meredith; Starr and Joy's adlibing? If MK can improvise and keep up with the other gals, she just may become more than just a figure skater. (I would hate to see her sitting there saying nothing or just mouthing yes, yes, yes.)

Joe

L

Lynn1951

<span style="color:purple;font-family:courier;font-size:medium;">Hey Joe,
I thought Michelle held her own pretty well with Leno & Chris Rock (?) after SLC.

Lynn</span>

J

Joesitz

Lottafs - I'm not fond of profiling ethnic groupings.

Lynn - It isn't that MK can not answer questions about herself. It's that the diversity of that show can run from recent court cases of murder and rape to JayLo and Ben's nuptuals. Can we count on MK to join the discussion?

Joe

E

eltamina

It will be an experience for Michelle

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>If MK can improvise and keep up with the other gals, she just may become more than just a figure skater[/quote]

I agree

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Can we count on MK to join the discussion?[/quote]

I just watched about 10 minutes of the view first time today. They had a guest host who was from Iraq, but grew up in the States. The group asked her some personal questions and her view about the war etc, she did very well. They then changed the subject to the Peterson murder trial, and the guest host didn't said much.

Will MK do well, among this group of women? Some of the women host are old enough to be Michelle's mother. Star Jones was an attorney/ prosecutor, and Joy has a master in English lit? I think MK will do fine with the opening questions about herself, and skating controversies. After that it is up to her, the rest of the panel and the moderator. I hope MK will do well, even if she does not, no big deal, she will live and learn.

<span style="color:red;font-size:medium;">Congrats Michelle, Elena, and Fumie</span>

R

rgirl181

There's always the old fallback, "I just want to skate and have fun."
JUST KIDDING:lol: :lol: :lol:
Honest, Freddy made me say that.

Seriously, I think this is very cool and great for Michelle. I think her public speaking and interview skills have improved immensely over the last year or so, perhaps because she has found that whatever-it-is most of us have noticed about her being more centered, at peace, confident, etc. Of course she will just have to jump in the fire. But I'm sure she's done enough public nonskating events and where she had to think on her feet and answer questions that she will do well. Plus I'm sure she's getting some coaching and rehearsal in the format. There is no other way to learn how to do this stuff than to do it. More power to Michelle. I think it's a win-win situation for her. Hey, she cannot possibly do worse than the bimbettes and bimboys they get for some of these gigs who sound like they need a cue card to say their names. I'll be taping April 30th.
Rgirl