"I, Robot" | Golden Skate

"I, Robot"

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Just came back from seeing "I, Robot", and "I" give it a two thumbs-up!! I'm a big sci-fi fan, so take what I say with that in mind........mind-boggling special effects, Will Smith was perfectly cast for this role........I totally recommend this flick...............42

I have read pretty much all of Isaac Asimov. I can't wait to see the movie. But unfortunately, if the murder mystery part is taken from the Caves of Steel (1954), then I already know who dunnit!

Mathman

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Mathman, as to the murder mystery part, I can't say.........but that bit of the plot is secondary, in my opinion, to everything else that happens in the movie......42

CB1AB2

Medalist
I'm glad someone saw it and liked it == I'm going Tuesday == I'll post my thoughts on it to.

cb

Puce

Rinkside
i have read that they totally mininterpreted asimov. if that's true, i think it's a shame.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Puce, I read that too, but since I haven't read anything by the author, I wouldn't know the difference.......I am reporting on the merits of the movie alone.....42

Johar

Medalist
I saw it Friday night. Good film, though not my favorite.

Ok, if robots do the menial work that means there is high unemployment for people who have lesser job skills. :eek:

I liked how the cars drive on manual, at least those high speed roads. They looked to be going 150 mph!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I absolutely loved "I, Robot". I had read almost everything Asimov wrote, but a long, long time ago so I couldn't comment on the movie vs. the author. Anyway, the reviews I read said the movie was 'loosely based' on Asimov's short stories.

The next thriller on my list is "The Village", but I probably can't go see it until the second or third week, as I will be off to Saratoga on weekends in August.