Thread: The 4400

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

From what I've heard, it is has been picked up for a full season, so we have a lot to look forward to. I thought the ending was GREAT! It answered a lot of questions but left us wanting more. We now know that Collier is a scumbag and wants Lily's baby for his own reasons--didn't you love how Lily's baby electrocuted (or whatever it did) Collier when he touched her? I love how they escaped Collier's clutches--for now. You know he knows where they are and is waiting to pounce once it's born.

That scene with Tom and his non-son was amazing. I loved how they brought the real kid back at the end, tying up one storyline. I didn't quite get what the "being" meant when he said Kyle was only a channel.

I thought the ending tied up and explained a lot of things nicely, but definitely left us wanting more..........wasn't it cool the way the trees sort of "bowed" down to Lily and her baby as they drove by.........wow .....42

Custom Title
    My problem is that they had no idea if this was going to be a successful show (and it was by all accounts that I've read). So it's not clear to me if that was the original ending, or if they modified it somewhat to leave things open-ended once they realized ratings were good.

Assuming that they meant it to be it's actual ending (with no plans to continue it), it wasn't satisfying to me. Yes, we learned why they took these 4400. But what did they do with them in the future (repopulate humanity?) Why those particular people? What was the disastrous course of action that they are preventing from occurring in the present day that necessitated the return of the 4400 right now? What's going on with Shaun heading to that creepy rich guy's development? What's the deal with that creepy rich guy anyway? What about the baby? What can the FBI folks do to help the 4400? How did the "non-son" get trapped in the coma kid?

Too many questions left unanswered IMHO.

I hope it does come back. I'd like to see the female agent continue to raise Maya and see how that story develops. It could be a really cool full season show if they want it to be.

Good questions Sandee.......hopefully all will be answered next season......see how they hooked the audience.........we gotta watch now.......42

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    I loved the way the ended it... I hope the rumours are true and it has been picked up as a regular series!! I think its interesting how programming is changing because of cable, HD and reality television. Dramas on cable networks are now doing better than they might have before the network reality tv boom.

I was a bit disappointed by the finale, but that's ok if the series airs. Otherwise, there were too many questions unanswered.

If Collier is one of the 4400, what is his purpose in the rescue of humanity. If anything, he seems to be the one that would bring about the eventual destruction of the 4400. Each person was picked for a specific reason and given a power. Why was an obviously power hungry Collier picked?

I'm not sure about Sean and his cousin either. It seems like the Power was after the cousin, but Sean interfered. So, Sean got taken and cousin left behind in a coma. Sean returns with power, but in communication, they said the Kyle was supposed to be a channel for the message. So, is the message only that agent dad must protect the 4400 to help them save humanity?

Looks like USA will have a hit. It'll be the 1st original USA series that I'll continuously watch.

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    My favorite all time USA series is still La Femme Nikita. It might have had a bit of a cult following, but it was always great fun to watch.

I absolutely LOVED "La Femme Nikita" and had total withdrawal after that series came to an end. "Alias" has been a pleasant alternative.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2