The 4400 | Golden Skate

The 4400

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Has anyone been following this program on USA network? I became interested while watching promos for it during the olympic trials...

I recorded the 2 hour pilot, but I havent had the time to watch it yet.... I was wondering if anyone else had seen it and if they thought it was worth my time.

I think it airs again tomorrow afternoon with a new episode in the evening.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Saw the pilot, really enjoyed it. Occasionally the dialog and the relationships are a bit canned and predictable, but overall, I find it interesting to watch. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's episode.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Totally forgot about it and missed the first episode........hope they reshow it at some point........42

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Okay watched the pilot this afternoon and just finished the first episode......I'm hooked, for now anyway. The storylines are very intriguing, and I guess they'll be bringing guest stars each week until all 4400 are accounted for? 42

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
So, Liz & Show, are you still watching this wonderful show? I hear rumors it's been picked up for a full season next year--I sure hope it's true! :love:

4dogknight

Final Flight
I remember a promo during the program this last week about showing all the episodes next Sunday culminating with the final episode.

I really got into this series, well maybe not the same way I'm into Stargate-SG1 and I'm warming up slowly to Stargate-Atlantis.

But I just can't get into "The Grid". So many characters were introduced in the series opener I just couldn't keep them straight. I just gave up.

4dk - who just looked at the comments for "The 4400" on the IMDb - wow is this programmed panned. But I think it's just that these people want to be seen as cleaver and witty.

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
4dogknight said:
I remember a promo during the program this last week about showing all the episodes next Sunday culminating with the final episode.

But I just can't get into "The Grid". So many characters were introduced in the series opener I just couldn't keep them straight. I just gave up.

4dk - who just looked at the comments for "The 4400" on the IMDb - wow is this programmed panned. But I think it's just that these people want to be seen as cleaver and witty.

That's true. USA is going to air a marathon of all the episodes this Sunday leading up to the final show. I missed one episode, so I will be catching it this Sunday. I really like it.

"The Grid" is a totally different feel, but I like it too. I do agree that there are too many characters. I can't keep track of the bad guys. But I am a huge fan of Bernard Hill, so I will keep watching!

Lucy25

Final Flight
I love this series! I kind of like things that no one can explain. I am so glad to hear about the marathon because I forgot to watch last Sunday, and only caught the last 15 minutes. It will be very interesting to see how this is all wrapped up on Sunday. Little Maya said that "someone is coming who will make it all right". Who will it be??? :eek:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Probably Lily's baby. Who is the father? Jordan? Richard? Her jerk of an ex-husband?

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
I'm thinking that the coma kid (Shaun) really was "taken" at the same time as his cousin, but his body was left behind. Something is going to tie into him significantly I think because he alluded to the fact that he wasn't their son.

Just a guess. Of course I missed the episode where he awakens from the coman, so I don't know how that all went down.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Sandee..........good idea. They took his essence but not his body. I'm thinking maybe when they sent everyone back, his essence was scrambled with someone else.........maybe the babies!!!!! :eek: (Actually, I'm hoping the baby is an alien hybred)..........42

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
What the ???? THAT was the finale? No mention that it will return in September or to be continued? What a huge letdown. It left too many unanswered questions.

There's got to be more to the series coming in the future. But I can't believe they didn't tell the audience that. Did I miss something?

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

From what I've heard, it is has been picked up for a full season, so we have a lot to look forward to. I thought the ending was GREAT! It answered a lot of questions but left us wanting more. We now know that Collier is a scumbag and wants Lily's baby for his own reasons--didn't you love how Lily's baby electrocuted (or whatever it did) Collier when he touched her? I love how they escaped Collier's clutches--for now. You know he knows where they are and is waiting to pounce once it's born.

That scene with Tom and his non-son was amazing. I loved how they brought the real kid back at the end, tying up one storyline. I didn't quite get what the "being" meant when he said Kyle was only a channel.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I thought the ending tied up and explained a lot of things nicely, but definitely left us wanting more..........wasn't it cool the way the trees sort of "bowed" down to Lily and her baby as they drove by.........wow :eek: .....42

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
My problem is that they had no idea if this was going to be a successful show (and it was by all accounts that I've read). So it's not clear to me if that was the original ending, or if they modified it somewhat to leave things open-ended once they realized ratings were good.

Assuming that they meant it to be it's actual ending (with no plans to continue it), it wasn't satisfying to me. Yes, we learned why they took these 4400. But what did they do with them in the future (repopulate humanity?) Why those particular people? What was the disastrous course of action that they are preventing from occurring in the present day that necessitated the return of the 4400 right now? What's going on with Shaun heading to that creepy rich guy's development? What's the deal with that creepy rich guy anyway? What about the baby? What can the FBI folks do to help the 4400? How did the "non-son" get trapped in the coma kid?

Too many questions left unanswered IMHO.

I hope it does come back. I'd like to see the female agent continue to raise Maya and see how that story develops. It could be a really cool full season show if they want it to be.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Good questions Sandee.......hopefully all will be answered next season......see how they hooked the audience.........we gotta watch now.......42

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I loved the way the ended it... I hope the rumours are true and it has been picked up as a regular series!! I think its interesting how programming is changing because of cable, HD and reality television. Dramas on cable networks are now doing better than they might have before the network reality tv boom.