Track & Field Stars: How Dopey Can They Be? | Golden Skate

Track & Field Stars: How Dopey Can They Be?

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I was just reading some articles on the upcoming Olympics, and article after article mentioned how all these track stars have been banned from competition and had their titles and medals stripped due to testing positive for steroid use. They know they've got to be tested, so what are they thinking? I know that there is a drug that until recently escaped detection but is now detectable. The whole thing is just such an embarrassment to U.S. Track & Field. :p :\

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
My thoughts exactly, RGal........if my future as an athlete depended upon being "clean" from all banned substances, from steroids to antihistimines, I'd tatoo a copy of that list somewhere on a handy body part!!! 42

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I feel the same way, RealtorGal. Track & Field and Gymnastics are my two favorite Summer Olympic events and I have been really down after reading about all of the doping scandals. But, I was really shocked to see that Gail Devers is gunning for Athens! That is simply amazing! I wish her the absolute best. I'm also glad that Marion Jones was able to score the 2nd best distance in the world this year at the U.S. Trials. That says so much about her...since that was the one event that ruined her quest for five gold medals in Sydney.