Meissner Lands 8 TRIPLES | Golden Skate

Meissner Lands 8 TRIPLES

MasterB

Final Flight
Hello all,

I just witness Kimmie Meisner land 8 triples including a scratchy triple axel at a local competition in Delaware.

More details later.

Vash01

Medalist
MasterB said:
Hello all,

I just witness Kimmie Meisner land 8 triples including a scratchy triple axel at a local competition in Delaware.

More details later.

Wow! Looks like Sasha and Michelle have internal competition too! I hope we get to see Meisner at the US Nationals. Is she old enough to compete in worlds 2005?

bladerunner

Spectator
Hey Master,I Was There TOO!!!!!...Pretty Impressive stuff i must say!!..i was
actually there to watch Felicia Beck and Louann Donovan skate,as they are two
of my favorite up-and comers(Louann was GREAT,Felicia didn't have her
best outing but she she'll skake it off i'm sure),but now i can add K.Meissner to
my list of skaters to watch..She's very good!!!..Best of luck to her. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I saw her skate live at US Juniors last year, which she won, and on TV at Jr. Worlds where she finished 2nd. At both competitions she did a 3lz3t and skated very very well.

Certainly an up and comer, and isn't this the first US lady's 3A since Tonya?

Plus Katy Taylor is right behind her.

It is too early to declare the death of US Ladies' skating, is it not!

MasterB

Final Flight
The full details

I just woke up from my three hour trip back home.

Details:
Kimmie landed the following - in order:
Flip
Lutz/Toe
Axel
Loop
Salcow
Lutz
Toe

Her artistry is okay but may not hold up well against the like of you know who. Louann had the second best skate with a total of 7 triples. some were just barely there. She never smiled once, but her program looked better overall. The Canadian Champion Cynthia Phenuef had a terrible skate in the short and was given a 5th place finish which she shouldn't have gotten. She should've placed about 12th. There were other ladies who out skated her She decided not to do the long( i so wanted her to give the Americans a good fight). She looked scared.

The men were pityfull. Derrick Delmore skated poorly and should just move on with his life. If it hasn't happen by now its not going to. Scott Smith also skated terrible. Shaun Rogers landed the only Quad and triple Axel but not anything else.

The Junior ladies kicked royal a%$. Megan Olser skated beautiful landing 5 triples. Danielle Sheppard also lande 5 triples and so did Christine ????. The rest did about 3 triples each. These ladies were tough.

The novice division was something to write about also. One young lady attempted a tripleLutz/triple toe and then fell. Her jumps were a little a-la-hughes style, but none the less exciting. She also competed in the senior pairs division and landed a sleuth of triples her last name is jones or jordan (it was a long week and I couldn't always hear the names)

A question: If Meissner wins a Junior World medal doesn't she qualify for worlds and Olympics if she medals at Nationals?

MasterB

Final Flight
the 16 age rule

That really sucks, she may not be this good three years from now. I believe this is called a konundrum. We don't want to push the girls at such an early age, but by the same token they peak at 15 or 16. Rarely do we see a late bloomer (in jumps that is)

So I guess the third place contenders (Kirk, Mcdonough, Liang, Mok, Nikodinov) are all safe for now.

Another Question: What if she wins Nationals? Then what?

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Then she's the US National champion who goes to junior worlds.

Personally, I like the age rule. If she's still this good in two years, more power to her. I want to see women skate, not little girls. But that's just me.

Laura :)

MasterB

Final Flight
Rules

I like to see real women skate too. But I think is very unfair to discriminate someone because of their age, sex, skin color, sexual orientation, and so on and so on. There should be a constitutional amendment or something. Where are activist when you need them, any lawyer will do.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
It's an ISU rule, not a USFSA rule. It was put in to place, I believe, to prevent Tara-esque injuries. Remember Tara? She had hip replacement surgery before she could drink legally.

Girls, before puberty, have an easier time with jumps because they don't have hips yet. But young girls, usually, don't have the emotional depth that an older skater has. So do you want jumping machines, or do you want someone who can do the jumps AND skate a beautiful program? Kimmie apparently has good presentation; that will only get better.

And, completely off topic, when will she lose the "Kimmie"? It's cute at 14, it won't be so cute much longer. Or am I being catty? :p

MasterB

Final Flight
Fair

Injuries most often happen from overtraining. Tara still has no hips or boops for that matter and she is still injured. Coaches need to limit the number of jumps that should be perform on a daily basis. Some skaters think that if they don't do 100 jumps a day they will lose it. That is not true. Kimmie has already learned all of her jumps and should not perform a hundred of each everyday. She should work more on presentation. Full figure girls were landing all of the difficult jumps at this competition, there main problem was getting all of them in one program.

Progress is difficult to stop, hard as we try. Someone like Kimmie will most likely get bore doing the same triples everyday so naturally she will begin working on Quads. I would consider Ando a full figure girl and she seems to be injury free. What in her training regimen is different from our girls is something that should be looked at.

soogar

Record Breaker
Kimmie's performance sounds like the younger Asada's performance at Japanese Nationals. You can download it off of Cruella DeKwan's site. I think it's kind of early to talk about Kimmie winning Nationals next year. For one thing, I don't think the judges are going to rank her first over Sasha and MK. Also, just b/c she hits these jumps in a club competition doesn't mean she'll rock them at Nats. I saw an exhibition program from her and she fell on the 3 lutz. However if Kimmie can stay healthy, she's going to be in the mix for 2010. I bet that by 2010, most of the ladies will have 3 axels with the winner having a quad.

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
PrincessLeppard said:
And, completely off topic, when will she lose the "Kimmie"? It's cute at 14, it won't be so cute much longer. Or am I being catty? :p

You're being catty ;) The men's olympic bronze medallist is 22 or something like that and he's called "Timmy" :D

MasterB

Final Flight
Scary

Asada is a scary little girl. Who the hell in the world can do so many jumps at such a young age is beyond me? She doesn't even look strong enough to be a juvenile girl.

I remember when Midori landed her triple axel and Scott said that we will never see another jumper like Midori in 50 years. Well I guess 50 years is not as long as it use to be.

soogar

Record Breaker
MasterB:
Asada is a scary little girl. However none of the girls jump like Midori. Midori got monster height and hang time on her jumps. Most of the girls rotate fast to complete the jump.

MasterB

Final Flight
True

How right you are

In my Master book she is the Royal Heightness of Jumps. Unmatched in Height and Speed. You want to know something truly sick? She can still do the triple axel.