Ted Barton and the JGP webcasts | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ted Barton and the JGP webcasts

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
In addition to IceNetwork charging for the US Classic:

Finlandia charged for streaming one year -- I think it was 2014.

And I think I vaguely recall that one or two other Challengers have charged for streaming?? Although I don't remember which ones specifically.

i think Golden Spin of Zagreb did that last season :think:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Thank you Ted!

The easiness of watching the JGP is a wonderful experience. I also find Ted an excellent comentator: some basic info about a skater at the beginning, then no commentary during the performance, and then going over the details during the recap. Pretty much perfect and how I wish all commentary everywhere was done.

:points:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didn't everyone have to pay for the Team Cup Challenge last year too?

noidont

Final Flight
Wow I just googled him and definitely does not associate the voice to the face. It's great what he is doing. I wonder how they are financing the whole deal.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
If you see him, please thank him from all of us. :thumbsup:
I had a brief chat with Ted today, what a gentleman. I thanked him for his efforts, from myself and on behalf of everyone else here.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had a brief chat with Ted today, what a gentleman. I thanked him for his efforts, from myself and on behalf of everyone else here.

So glad you got to meet him and thank him for his hard work in bringing the JGP to us in an easily accessible way. I don't think I would care half as much about juniors without the YT streaming and videos as well as his commentary and interviews.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I wish Ted would become a commentator for senior events too!

Yeah, but after commentating every event for 7 weeks straight he actually deserves some rest :) He does splendid job on promoting juniors though! :points:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
His voice sounds like he is 30 but he is over 60.:) I like his voice as much as I like him as a person.