Scimeca and Knierim withdraw from GP events | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Scimeca and Knierim withdraw from GP events

gold12345

Medalist
Yeah I'd definitely say they are the best US pair team. I'm sorry they won't get to compete on the GP this year and have been going through something so difficult. But I'm also very happy that Alexa finally has a diagnosis and is feeling better. This has been going on for months, and even though it's not my business, it has been difficult to not feel worried/concerned for a skater I care about who is ailing.

Now that she has had a procedure that alleviated her suffering, hopefully her recovery will go relatively smoothly and quickly. She's a tough kid and will fight hard, I'm sure. Throughout this whole ordeal, she seemed to be really trying to push herself to train through it, albeit in limited fashion- she's a fighter. And now that her medical problem has been "fixed", things should hopefully get easier.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Whatever it is I am glad she is getting better and she has a wonderful partner for life not just skating.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
That is sad.

V/T have a baby.
Sui is injured.
Alexa cannot start.

The world class field becomes more tiny.

Duhamel/Radford, Savchenko/Massot, and 3 Russian teams still creates a great top 5, with plenty of other good teams to make a strong top 10. Not to worry.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm curious how this season will go for Seguin/Bilodeau and new partnered Chinsese teams. They might be a spoilers. But I will miss Sui/Han a lot :(

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I understand why she'd keep her condition quiet, probably wouldn't want competitors to know in case it could be something that would make them perceive her as weak.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
That is sad.

V/T have a baby.
this particular thing I dont feel sad about;) actually very happy for them!
yeah my fav pairs team but they won everything important & now win at life:luv17:

Last edited:

desertskates

Medalist
Whatever it is, it should remain between Alexa and her husband. I'm glad to know the doctors have it sorted out and she's able to start to work on training. Hoping to see them at Nationals!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexa posted a picture on her Instagram doing some off ice training wearing a midriff baring top. She has a large scar running vertically down her stomach. She did not confirm her illness her either. I'm sure it will start another round of speculation of what was ailing her.

Either way, glad she is training.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Holy cow, that is one scary looking scar. :( I hope everything will be ok with Alexa and she's on the mend.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I read that she had some sort of acute food intolerance and couldn't properly eat for some time. I am not sure whether an op is needed to cure/treat such a condition though... maybe that was just a part of her problem.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cheers to Alexa for strength and her usual great attitude:hap10:

That is indeed one long midline incision. But it is worth it if she is restored to health (and as I recall from her public postings, her food intolerance was part of her symptoms. She lost weight and being a strong, but slender, pairs girl, losing weight was not a good thing.:(

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I read that she had some sort of acute food intolerance and couldn't properly eat for some time. I am not sure whether an op is needed to cure/treat such a condition though... maybe that was just a part of her problem.

Likely a symptom of an underlying, more serious problem.

Alex D

Record Breaker
The worst about an illness is not knowing why and what it is...

I hope they found out now and that she will get the treatment which is necessary.