Yuzuru Hanyu Lands 4LO | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu Lands 4LO

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
we also have a bit more information, which of course, i will get pounced on for saying it because ISU is not going to issue a statement on a friday in the middle of the night ;) but here is some "beef" for thought..

Why would Skate Canada "discredit" Alexei's quad loop with their tweet by saying Yuzu's is the first.... ? Think about it... this is a federation speaking... not an athlete or an individual judge...

Fine.. maybe they screwed up but my take on it, and YMMV, is that they "know" that Alexei's won't get ratified already, otherwise, they would have not made a story out of it.

As of now there is no ISU release of 1st 4Lo ratification.

What we have are only protocols and videos from both competitions plus Alexei post or tweet and Skate Canada tweet.

I believe ISU will now review both 4Lo and decide on the ratification, and hopefully also provide the criteria for this.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
As of now there is no ISU official news release of 1st 4Lo ratification.

What we have are only protocols and videos from both competitions plus Alexei post or tweet and Skate Canada tweet.

I believe ISU will now review both 4Lo and decide on the ratification, and hopefully also provide the criteria for this.

For now everybody just calm down and enjoy both Alexei's and Yuzu's...live is too short :biggrin:

Agree with your overall sentiment.

I do want to emphasize that Aleksei never tried to oversell his jump. Never got ahead of himself or of the ISU.

On Instagram, he reflected that he "became the first person in the world to do a fully rotated quad loop."

The JGP tech panel gave him credit for full rotation, and he is entitled to say so.

He refrained from using the words "clean" or "landed" or "ratified."

Last edited:

Krislite

Medalist
Agree with your overall sentiment.

I do want to emphasize that Aleksei never tried to oversell his jump. Never got ahead of himself or of the ISU.

On Instagram, he reflected that he "became the first person in the world to do a fully rotated quad loop."

The JGP tech panel gave him credit for full rotation, and he is entitled to say so.

He refrained from using the words "clean" or "landed" or "ratified."

The real "first" should not depend on a technical footnote. Alexei's "landing" requires all sorts of asterisks, like the words you and others have carefully chosen to qualify the nature of his achievement.

I think in the long run Hanyu's will be remembered as truly the first quad loop.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The real "first" should not depend on a technical footnote. Alexei's "landing" requires all sorts of asterisks, like the words you and others have carefully chosen to qualify the nature of his achievement.

I think in the long run Hanyu's will be remembered as truly the first quad loop.

Oyyyy ... you have COMPLETELY missed the point of what I said :dev2:.

My point is that Aleksei himself never has claimed that the ISU credited him with anything more than a rotated quad loop.

alia jackson referred to "Alexei post or tweet," but did not specify what he actually said.
I provided the exact quote from Aleksei b/c I do not want anyone to accuse him of overstepping his bounds as if the ISU credited him with anything else.

Either you did not read my post carefully -- or you intentionally are twisting it into something else entirely.
I never said that Aleksei "landed" the quad loop. Nor did he. That is exactly the point.

If/when the ISU confirms that Hanyu "landed" the first quad loop, I would have no objection. Aleksei has not claimed to have "landed" the first quad loop.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
As a Hanyu's fan, I don't care much about who land the 4 Lo first. I only hope that he will be happy with his performance.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
His program is amazing, I don't even care about the 4Loop. I'd rather just see his "normal" 4Sal and 4Toe+3Toe layout if this one ends up being too inconsistent or scratchy on the landings. Of course, knowing him, I'm sure he'll do a quality 4Loop and 4Sal+3Toe together at some point this season. Can't wait!

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
His program is amazing, I don't even care about the 4Loop. I'd rather just see his "normal" 4Sal and 4Toe+3Toe layout if this one ends up being too inconsistent or scratchy on the landings. Of course, knowing him, I'm sure he'll do a quality 4Loop and 4Sal+3Toe together at some point this season. Can't wait!

He had an issue with stepping into the hole for the 4S so I don't think it's going to be a problem, as we've seen him land the 4Lo way better than this morning. If anything his quads are looking better to me this year overall, which is curious (and the 3A too).

melmel

On the Ice
I had a feeling he would land it during the comp :D though the ice seemed not as good. Now lets see how he fares in the LP

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

Krislite

Medalist
hehe.. so twitter is official now? of course, it's isu's... but skate canada's was pretty clear and to be taken seriously :) just playing devil's advocate :dev3:here since some people (not you) gave me a hard time yesterday about using twitter :) :) i wasn't using just any tweet :) now we can all rejoice and congratulate yuzuru

Twitter is an official channel these days. Back in the day it would have been a press release, but twitter is frequently used as a channel of information by the press and by other organizations.

Should we now move from arguing what is truly a ratified first to what counts as "official"? ;)

Here's my proposition: it's not official until the ISU gives him an engraved trophy, presented in a fancy ceremony attended by dignitaries, for this specific achievement. :dev3:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Twitter is an official channel these days. Back in the day it would have been a press release, but twitter is frequently used as a channel of information by the press and by other organizations.

Should we now move from arguing what is truly a ratified first to what counts as "official"? ;)

Here's my proposition: it's not official until the ISU gives him an engraved trophy, presented in a fancy ceremony attended by dignitaries, for this specific achievement. :dev3:

https://youtu.be/ZinzueddAQ0?t=1m18s :cool14: