This Is Us | Golden Skate

This Is Us

MsSweetie

Rinkside
Is anyone else loving this show? Minus the fact that there's only been two shows and it's on hiatus until next week... I find I don't usually get addicted to this kind of show but this show is an exception.

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm really enjoying this show. Beautiful story telling so far. Love the intertwining of past and present.

The surprise in the 3rd episode wasn't as big as the other 2, but this show is on my must watch with attention list (vs watching but not paying attention the whole time.)

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
I watched 3 first episodes. Kinda a bit too melodramatic for me, but I liked it for some reason. Probably, because it's well made and a has a slightly ironic humor and wit in most dialogues. So far looks promising, I'm gonna watch episode 4, 5 and 6 tonight.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Im interested in this tv show b/c Mandy Moore:biggrin:
I may watch when I finish Vikings

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I really enjoy this show and almost every episode so far has left me in tears. Great storytelling, and I also like how they weave past and present.

stella luna

Final Flight
Does anyone know what Kate's job is? She was working for Toby's ex-wife, but they never show her on the job. Also, is the overweight daughter of Toby's ex-wife Toby's daughter? Did Toby ever find out Kate is working for his ex-wife?

I doubt Kate is a trust fund baby, but it sure seems like it. It's obvious that Randall works, and the other brother probably has some money from the "Manny" series.

I'm also upset about a second love interest for Kate. Toby's been through enough!

heyang

Record Breaker
Does anyone know what Kate's job is? She was working for Toby's ex-wife, but they never show her on the job. Also, is the overweight daughter of Toby's ex-wife Toby's daughter? Did Toby ever find out Kate is working for his ex-wife?

I doubt Kate is a trust fund baby, but it sure seems like it. It's obvious that Randall works, and the other brother probably has some money from the "Manny" series.

I'm also upset about a second love interest for Kate. Toby's been through enough!

Kate was Kevin's personal assistant before he left LA. He 'fired' her so that she would concentrate on her own life. She didn't keep the job with Toby's ex after he explained how upsetting it was to him. The overweight girl is not Toby's daughter - she was the daughter of the woman that hired Kate to be her PA. Not clear what's up now as far as Kate's job situation. She left LA for Thanksgiving/Christmas.

I suspect that Randall has been investing for Kate and Kevin and succeeding. In one episode, Kevin did say something about Randall's investments giving him enough money to produce Olivia's play. So that could explain why Kate and Kevin are living well without having to work all the time.

Toby's not perfect IMHO, but the new guy is just obnoxious in a bad way.

I like Kevin's wife Sophie, but didnt' she sign the fat note at the pool, too - or was that Sophia?

stella luna

Final Flight
I thought the woman with the heavy daughter and Toby's ex were the same person.

Not sure about Sophie/Sophia.

Last night's show had about 31 minutes of programming, with the rest of it commercials. The success has gone to their heads!

Kind of upset they might be having Randall get sick when he's about to lose a dad, for the second time. Heavy handed! Just like when Toby had the heart attack at Christmas!

Kate was Kevin's personal assistant before he left LA. He 'fired' her so that she would concentrate on her own life. She didn't keep the job with Toby's ex after he explained how upsetting it was to him. The overweight girl is not Toby's daughter - she was the daughter of the woman that hired Kate to be her PA. Not clear what's up now as far as Kate's job situation. She left LA for Thanksgiving/Christmas.

I suspect that Randall has been investing for Kate and Kevin and succeeding. In one episode, Kevin did say something about Randall's investments giving him enough money to produce Olivia's play. So that could explain why Kate and Kevin are living well without having to work all the time.

Toby's not perfect IMHO, but the new guy is just obnoxious in a bad way.

I like Kevin's wife Sophie, but didnt' she sign the fat note at the pool, too - or was that Sophia?

heyang

Record Breaker
I thought the woman with the heavy daughter and Toby's ex were the same person.

Not sure about Sophie/Sophia.

Last night's show had about 31 minutes of programming, with the rest of it commercials. The success has gone to their heads!

Kind of upset they might be having Randall get sick when he's about to lose a dad, for the second time. Heavy handed! Just like when Toby had the heart attack at Christmas!

I suspect that Randall's going through something stress related. His wife told William that he had a bout with hysterical blindness years ago. Between the stress of every day life, denying the state of William's health and job pressures, he's under a lot of stress. SO, it wouldn't be surprising that the tremors are a result of stress.

I just re-watched the Pool episode, and the note was signed by Vicky, Samantha and Sofie.

Last edited:

stella luna

Final Flight
Randall's one of my favorite characters on the show. I had forgotten about the hysterical blindness.

I suspect that Randall's going through something stress related. His wife told William that he had a bout with hysterical blindness years ago. Between the stress of every day life, denying the state of William's health and job pressures, he's under a lot of stress. SO, it wouldn't be surprising that the tremors are a result of stress.

I just re-watched the Pool episode, and the note was signed by Vicky, Samantha and Sofie.

heyang

Record Breaker
Great episode - 1st one that made me cry multiple times.

1st when Miguel spoke to Kevin about Jack.
When Randall froze during his meeting.
.. and of course when Kevin ran to Randall after feeling uneasy about their conversation and comforting his brother!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It's a beautiful show. I LOVE that TV is starting to show POSITIVE adoption stories. "Flaws" and all.

stella luna

Final Flight
It does fill a void in the family drama category of TV shows, i.e. Parenthood, thirtysomething. I am skeptical about the plans to draw out the reveal about Jack's death, and am fairly sure I can guess how he dies.

It's a beautiful show. I LOVE that TV is starting to show POSITIVE adoption stories. "Flaws" and all.

stella luna

Final Flight
Randall was crying like a baby. That was hard to take.

Of course, at some point he probably would have seen a therapist for his anxiety?

Great episode - 1st one that made me cry multiple times.

1st when Miguel spoke to Kevin about Jack.
When Randall froze during his meeting.
.. and of course when Kevin ran to Randall after feeling uneasy about their conversation and comforting his brother!

heyang

Record Breaker
Randall was crying like a baby. That was hard to take.

Of course, at some point he probably would have seen a therapist for his anxiety?

Probably....in this week's episode, he was getting approval from his doctor to take the road trip. A lot of people with anxiety issues praised the episode for realistlcally portraying it.

The Memphis episode was beautiful and I bawled when William passed away. The intertwining of Randall's experiences with his 2 fathers was so well done.

stella luna

Final Flight
I loved the Memphis episode, too.

Probably....in this week's episode, he was getting approval from his doctor to take the road trip. A lot of people with anxiety issues praised the episode for realistlcally portraying it.

The Memphis episode was beautiful and I bawled when William passed away. The intertwining of Randall's experiences with his 2 fathers was so well done.