Three Impossible Wishes | Golden Skate

Three Impossible Wishes

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Ice is slippery, anything can happen..... But some things, well, I feel won't EVER happen in the skating world. We can dream though, can't we? 😉
If you were granted 3, only 3, impossible wishes for the 2016-17 season, what would they be??

Mine:
: The season of the underdog. I wish that underdogs like kolyada, vasiljevs, daleman, and ge would rise up and start winning medals.
: A brand new US ladies champion.
: Limitations on quads for men.

Layback11

Record Breaker
1. For Gracie Gold to a) find her enjoyment of skating again and b) start skating more consistently.
2. An ice dance battle of epic proportions. :cool:
3. No scary injuries and/or last-second withdrawals. :yes:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1. Two USA pairs teams go to Worlds, skate their best, and earn 3 spots for the Olympics (Cue Don Quixote music)
2. Julia Lipnitskaya earns a place on the Worlds team
3. Javier Fernandez wins a third world title and Jason Brown joins him on the podium

p.s. Nothing is impossible! Even outrageous dreams can prove to be attainable.:points:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
1. Joshua's head is magically healed and he no longer has to worry about concussions any more. Free of this, he makes a sparkling return, goes with Max to get the three spots back and he, Jason and Max go to the Olympics together.

2. The triple Axel fairy comes and visits the various Australian men.

3. Max gets credit for all his hard work from both fans and the judges, and at Nationals finds that his PCS receives the same relative boost as everyone else. <-- you did specify impossible dreams...

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
1. a well-held, extended and beautiful spiral and Ina Bauer

2. less useless transitions and substitute those with choreography

3. the above two wishes come true

lappo

Final Flight
Only one: Yuna Kim to put is skate on again and do some shows! No competitions, no pressure, just her doing some memorable exhibition programs as a pro! I miss her a lot!

centerpt1

On the Ice
Brooklee Han is top 5 at Worlds.
Beautiful programs are more important than quads.
Mirai is US Champ

Alex D

Record Breaker
1. No athlete get´s injured this season.
2. So called fans, stop hating on skaters who beat their idols.
3. Gracie comes to Oberstdorf at February and we go for a walk at the river.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
More people caring about, talking about and appreciating all the wonderful junior Russian men, who outdid the ladies on the JGP in terms of qualifying to the final this season. Actually, more people caring about men's skating in general (outside of the top 5 or 6 who get all the hype) would be great.

More skaters from more small federations getting the support they need to become major contenders.

No more injuries to any skaters I like (or anyone, really). I also wish for the injured ones to get healed very quickly, but I certainly hope that wish isn't impossible.

musicfan80

Medalist
Here are mine:

1) Hubbell & Donohue to finish at least 2nd at U.S. Nationals. Sadly, I think that the Shibs and Chock/Bates will have a lock on the top 2 until at least 2018.
2) A U.S. pair team to have a FANTASTIC entire season, including holding it together through Worlds.
3) Joshua Farris to heal enough that he is able to do shows again.

andromache

Record Breaker
1. Anna Pogo supplants Evgenia as Russian and World #1 - fans watch on while Anna Tsareva stays stone-faced in the Kiss & Cry.
2. A US man - any US man - makes the Worlds podium.
3. All the hip-hop short dances lose their cheese overnight and become super hip and cool and authentic.

Bonus impossible wish #4: No more forum drama, people being mean or unreasonable or whining and making things up in support of their faves.

GF2445

Record Breaker
1. Tessa and Scott will firmly establish themselves as top ice dance team
2. Australia earnes all their planned olympic quota spots at 2017 worlds and not at the last ditch qualifying event.
3. For a resurgence in Canadian and American skating, especially in juniors.

mish

Match Penalty
1. Julia Lipnitskaya becomes National, European and World Champion.
2. All three: Marin Honda, Nastya Gubanova and Eunsoo Lim occupy Junior Worlds podium.
3. World's interest in figure skating rises to 50% of what it is in Japan.

temadd

Final Flight
1. Adam Rippon and Jason Brown suddenly start landing clean quad lutz, flip, loop, salchow and toe loop.
2. Ashley Wagner never underotates or two foots another combination.
3. Ashley, Mao and Carolina are gold, silver and bronze at Olympics 2018 and Worlds in 2017 and 2018. Let's hear it for the old geezers!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
1. Mao and Patrick win Oly Gold - they have gone through so much
2. kavaguti and smirnov medal at the olympics
3. The American, Canadian, Russian, Japanese ladies rock the world and top ten.

Lysambre

Final Flight
1. No skater injured. At all. Even with the tiniest injury. Perfect health, all of them.

2. Everybody skates clean. In every discipline.

3. Judges stop having bias (or stop getting paid to have a bias, same difference) and start scoring people with accuracy.

Because I like for my impossible wishes to actually BE impossible, otherwise it just feels like wishing for stuff I know might happen.
Also, I'd really love to see a perfectly clean competition, where everybody is happy with their skate, no matter the level/ Imagine how pleasant that would be :luv17:.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Yuna Kim to make a comeback and smash her own record to win Olympic Gold in front of a home crowd in 2018.

Artistry and grace valued more than technically loaded programs just for the sake of points.

To see one of the top male skaters do a quad axel!

Yup wishful thinking with all 3 lol.

acronycal0730

Rinkside
1. Patrick Chan win 2017 WC.

2. Yulia Lipnitskaya in Euro/world team.

3. Serafima sakhanovich skates two clean programs :rolleye:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Tessa and Scott win the world title. (not impossible ;) )
Olympic gold for Mao.
Stolbova/Klimov become european and world champions.