Three Impossible Wishes | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Three Impossible Wishes

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
3. The Oscars of Figure skating, where the ISU rewards the best jumper, best spinner, best female/male/pair skater/ice dancers,...
I thought about quite some time in the past when US fed announced their awards like Best coach etc.
Would be pretty great!

Last edited:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
For the men:

1. Spins, performance skills, choreography and artistry are rated as highly as number of rotations in a jump.

2. Jason stands on a Worlds Podim.

3. Misha Ge is there with him.

I knew you were on the same wavelength with me :agree::2thumbs::peace:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1) No more concussed skaters
2) Mirai wins Nationals
3) Gracie puts together two clean programs at the same competition (not Nationals, though b/c I want Mirai to win, lol)

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
My one impossible wish: That the upcoming Olympic men's event won't be a complete splatfest, given how much more difficulty will be attempted than the previous splatfest in Sochi.

Vickys21

Rinkside
1. Polina has two tasteful stylish costumes and a great hair style.
2. Anna's coach smiles.
3. Gracie's eyebrows look more natural.

lyverbird1

Final Flight
Ooooh, back on the boards today after a bit of a break and I like this thread. Here's the three impossible wishes that sprang immediately to mind.

1. My Elena comes through those growing pains completely and regains that magical quality with improved posture and choreo and slays the opposition at Russian Nationals and Worlds.
2. Genuine innovation and originality are rewarded more than tedious repeated gimmickry like tanos and ugly spin positions.
3. Criticism of skaters on these boards sticks to criticism of the skating, done in a reasonable manner without slipping into the person. Yeah, that'd be grand.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
That happened more than once, so it's not impossible wish in any way. Example: http://c8.alamy.com/comp/EJK0XH/sha...na-pogorilaya-of-russia-l-with-her-EJK0XH.jpg

Yeah she not only smiled but also blew kisses at the camera last season.. she also hugged Anna tightly for like 10 seconds after she skated a perfect long program.. all of it left an indelible impression in my mind so I don't understand why many still think she never smiles lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tutto

Record Breaker
1. Gracie finally finds courage to leave Carroll and doing very well as a result
2. Mika (Mikhail Kolyada) becomes World & Olympic Champion
3. Quads are limited to one in sp and two in lp
4. (sorry, one extra wish) Vocals no longer allowed, banned for ever and ever

Biellmann

Match Penalty
1) Fans stop complaining
2) Fans realize that they're not the judges
3) Fans stop screaming "robbed"

:hap10: :dev2:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
1. Marie-France Dubreil realizes there is music that is not mid-tempo and free dances can be more than mushily soft-focused and "romantic."
2. Uncle Dick Button finds the fountain of youth and returns to commentating for the next oh 92387489343 years.
3. My ankles and feet suddenly learn how to stand up in skates so I could actually do what I love watching so much.

snd

On the Ice
1. pang and tong receiving the deserved medals from 3 consecutive olympics (silver or bronze in 2006, gold or silver in 2010 and bronze in 2014)
2. emanuel sandhu skating his best, 100% clean sp AND fs at worlds and medaling
3. susanna pöykiö getting recognition for her mastery and winning a worlds medal

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
1. Gracie finally finds courage to leave Carroll and doing very well as a result
2. Mika (Mikhail Kolyada) becomes World & Olympic Champion
4. (sorry, one extra wish) Vocals no longer allowed, banned for ever and ever

I love the idea of only 2 quads allowed in the LP.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Yuck, this would be a hideous rule which would blatantly favour certain "arteests" who don't have the jumps and unfairly punish those who are better in that regard.

Spiral

Final Flight
Here are my impossible wishes:

Quotas get abolished. I want to see more than three US and Canadian ice dance teams, Japanese men and women, Chinese pairs and Russian women and pairs at Worlds and Olympics.

Quad throws get abolished. I hate to see so many female pair skaters get injured because of them.

Single skaters are limited to five jumps/combos in the LP, to make for more balanced programs, with adequate time left for choreography.

National bias will become passé among fans, as well as among judges.

Adian Pitkeev will recover from his back injury. Yuzuru Hanyu and Yuko Kavaguchi will never see the inside of a hospital again, since they’ve had far more than their fair share of serious injuries already.

Xiaoyu Yu and Yang Jin will be allowed to get back together and will be returned to their coach. Cheng Peng will get another young partner of her own. Hao Zhang will get a partner closer his age who actually wants to skate with him – maybe a former singles skater who wants to try pairs. All the three pairs will get new programs every season.

Russian FS Federation officials will support all of their skaters and never make disparaging comments about them in the press or intrigue and pick favorites.

And one of my wishes which I had thought impossible has already come true: Astakhova and Rogonov have changed their SP!

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
What a fun thread! For 2016-17 season, my impossible wishes are:
1. Mirai comes in top two at Nationals and top four at Worlds.
2. Hawayek and Baker come in top two at Nationals and top four at Worlds.
3. All the top flight men at Worlds turn in a FS performance like Javier's FS at World's last season.

Last edited:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh, and if I had a fourth impossible wish, I second Weak Ankles' wish for Uncle Dick's return!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
What a fun thread! For 2016-17 season, my impossible wishes are:
1. Mirai comes in top two at Nationals and top four at Worlds.
2. Hawayek and Baker come in top two at Nationals and top four at Worlds.
3. All the top flight men at Worlds turn in a performance like Javier's at World's last season.

I like that especially your wish for Hawayek and Baker! Realistically, I'm betting them to place in 3rd at Nationals, so they can be allowed to compete both at 4CC and Worlds.