Skate Detroit, July 21-24 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skate Detroit, July 21-24

Kateri

On the Ice
shine said:
I lurrrvs Cotton Club. The choreography is so complex and orginal. Sometimes body language works better than facial pretense :love:

I think Cotton Club is their best programme; I like it a lot.

It's not cheesy emoting, it's a grown-up, mature, sophisticated programme.
SO there. :p

k.

Linny

Final Flight
facial

There's a whole range of facial expressions that have nothing to do with cheesy emoting. How about looking, for about 30 seconds, like you enjoy your sport? Even in kiss and cry, when the program is done, the need for concentration is over and the pressure is off, T&M have expressions more like indigestion than anything remotely resembling acknowledgement of the applause.
Linny

Kateri

On the Ice
Linny said:
There's a whole range of facial expressions that have nothing to do with cheesy emoting. How about looking, for about 30 seconds, like you enjoy your sport? Even in kiss and cry, when the program is done, the need for concentration is over and the pressure is off, T&M have expressions more like indigestion than anything remotely resembling acknowledgement of the applause.
Linny

Sure, good, natural, appropriate facial expression helps make a programme work.
But I'd rather have no expression at all than bad, fake expression.

And facial expression is just icing on the cake; T&M may not have it, but they do have other skills. I enjoy them for what they do well, and I liked the Cotton Club.
They may not be one of my favourite pairs, but I still like watching them.

k.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
pipsqueak said:
To "...dragon" and "...thing called love"---

Hey guys--what about T&M and how they would/would not put the judges to sleep? What do you mean? For instance, no offense to anyone who thinks otherwise, but Scott and Dulebohn put me to sleep. I'd have rather watched others who had more "fire" and "connection" splat all over the place than watch them skate "clean", which they never did anyway. So, compared to them as a benchmark for me, what do you mean that T & M would put me to sleep....or conversely, what did the judges see?

my only memory of her is watching her during the 2001 skate america pairs lp, and how she had NO EMOTION during the lifts, and during the fast part, when people should be getting into it, the audience really didn't because they didn't seem to be into their performance. i guess it's like making love...and having a one night stand...