Patrick Chan Opening FS Training Centre | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan Opening FS Training Centre

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Hello Ladskater,

So many things can happen in a short time.

Patrick's plans have been postponed to later.

In brief, what happened is that coach Kathy Johnson was to relocate with him to Vancouver, and they would train over there in the fall. The school, has it is mentioned in the article was to open after Patrick's career.

However, Kathy resigned (we are not sure why) from coaching Patrick. Patrick said that he needed to focus on finding a new coaching team thus, at that point, relocating was no longer an option for now.

Patrick is now coached by Zueva among others, and trains in Canton, Michigan. The plan to open a school is not nixed but his relocation simply postponed.

I also think that it's exciting that Patrick plans to share what he's learned with coach Ozzy and made him so special.

I wish you a warm welcome back to GS! Have a look at Patrick's new programs, they are gorgeous !

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Ladskater, this plan was announced in 2015, with the skating school, part of an upscale sports club, slated to open in 2018, presumably when Patrick retires from his competitive career. There has been a change from your linked story because Coach Johnson resigned and Patrick is now training at the Artic Edge with Coach Zueva instead of in B. C. with Johnson.

eta. Ha, you beat me to it this time, 4everchan.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
If he plans to indeed teach how to have his SS I have many skaters in my mind that i would send there:biggrin:

brightphoton

Medalist
Darn!!! I was reading the first post and I was about to make a post about how excited I was for Patrick's new training center :scowl: