IceNetwork "Discount" Removed | Golden Skate

IceNetwork "Discount" Removed

andromache

Record Breaker
Anyone else who auto-renewed from IceNetwork just receive an email that basically said "Oops, we forgot to bill you the full amount! We'll charge you the other $24.99 in a sec."

:gaah:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Anyone else who auto-renewed from IceNetwork just receive an email that basically said "Oops, we forgot to bill you the full amount! We'll charge you the other $24.99 in a sec."

OMG they are such a disaster...

shyne

Final Flight
Dear Icenetwork Subscriber,

We recently discovered that you were only partially billed for the 2016-17 Figure Skating Season Pass. Instead of the full price of $49.99, you were billed $24.99. You should expect to see an additional charge to your credit card on file with us in the next 5-10 days for the remaining $25 balance.

Please be assured that you will not see a change or disruption in service during this time.

If you have any questions about this or anything else related to your subscription, please contact icenetwork Customer Service by calling 1-866-464-8499 or by email at [email protected].

Thank you and enjoy the upcoming season!

Sincerely,

icenetwork

www.icenetwork.com

:laugh2:
I kind of expected this.

Greta

On the Ice
Are they allowed to do this? They sent us an email saying we'd be charged 24.99 for the season. They can't just change their mind on the price, can they?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Indeed. Sigh....:palmf:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Are they allowed to do this? They sent us an email saying we'd be charged 24.99 for the season. They can't just change their mind on the price, can they?

Probably, though I would bet that if you wish to be refunded for the whole amount they would have to refund it. Of course that would also mean giving up the subscription entirely.

Greta

On the Ice
Probably, though I would bet that if you wish to be refunded for the whole amount they would have to refund it. Of course that would also mean giving up the subscription entirely.
Ugh. They sure know how to make me feel resentful.

shyne

Final Flight

They also included TCC in the package but later decides to not include it and get some cash from us~~

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, they really know how to take advantage of their customers with mistakes, poor service and bait and switch. Glad I am not paying $50 for this. I'll wait for Youtube.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
LOL. I even queried the original billing and they replied to tell me it was no mistake...

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
LOL. I even queried the original billing and they replied to tell me it was no mistake...

Dispute the charge on your card. Include the email where they say it's no mistake. The rest of us may be SOL, but you have written proof.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Dispute the charge on your card. Include the email where they say it's no mistake. The rest of us may be SOL, but you have written proof.

THIS. You should definitely dispute and you will win, you're in the right if you have written proof.

lyverbird1

Final Flight
Quick phone call to bank to stop them taking anything else off the credit card. This is one of those threads that makes me wish I could swear on these boards!

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I wonder if reporting them to the attorney general would help at all. Aside from the additional charges they are slapping on people, they really fail to deliver their service consistently. There has not been one event in the years I have been a customer, that the stream has been faulty in some way. I sent an email to their customer service department during 2016 Nationals only to have it ignored. I sent screen caps on Twitter, only to get blocked. It's not like they are broadcasting live, they piggyback off of the Isu, with outdated technology. It's almost 2017 and you would think they would have mobile streaming available. I get better streaming from Russia Sportbox and I live in the U.S. They essentially charge for a service they always fail to provide, refund no money, and treat customers like garbage.

andromache

Record Breaker
Has anyone canceled after receiving this email?

I am sorely tempted to, but at the same time, when IN works well, it's much better than any other livestream because there are no ads and no commentary. It's like an abusive relationship....I just can't let go because even though the bad times outweigh the good, I only seem to remember the good times with such exceeding clarity.

I also feel bad for USFS for being stuck with these losers.