Angela and morosov | Golden Skate

Angela and morosov

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think I've replied to several of these threads... but I don't like this pairing... one because I'm tired of seeing Morosov choreography on every skater... and two because I don't think his style is going to work on her anyway... I think she should go back to Gorsha Sur... or even Christopher Dean would be better than Morosov for her...

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I think that success will depend on whether Morozov gives Nikodinov Yagudin/Joubert/Cohen-like footwork passes, or if he gives her Kwan-like footwork passes, which have gotten Kwan raves for the last two years, particularly the straightline passes.

I think CoP could be good for Nikodinov, because when she collapses, it tends to be in the second half of her programs. Under CoP she'll already have been given full credit for the better part of her program. If the Components scores are judged correctly, she should have high Skating Skills scores, and if she stays on her feet, high Performance/Execution scores. If she ends with one of Morozov's sweeping footwork passes into a final combo spin, it might counter the affect of any falls on jumps in the choreography and interpretation scores, since the human brain tends to emphasize what happened last. If the transitions scores are low, she can always add some after Skate America.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Well this should be interesting to see. No matter who choreographs for her, I am just excited that we will be seeing her skate more this year. Time will tell if this change is good or bad for her. It would be nice to see her have a good season again though. :D

You know, its too bad that she has this bad rep for having rough competitions because she totally wins all the practices by skating almost perfect. I didn't believe that myself til I saw her at Nats last year and she was pretty much spot on in every practice. It makes competitions almost more heartbreaking though because you sit there going, "But you can SOO do this! You skated great in practice!" Maybe this year will be different. I can hope, right?! :D :love: :p

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Silly, silly me. :laugh: :laugh: When I started reading this thread for the life of me I had Jenny Kirk in my mind. I finally clicked on the link and saw Angela. :laugh: At first I was agreeing that Nikoli probably wasn't a good choice for Jenny but when I saw Angela, I think it is a good match. As Heather said, time will tell. I guess Angela thinks it's a good match.

Dee

IDLERACER

Medalist
So Jenny moves to the west coast, and Angela moves to the east. This comming season should be interesting.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
IDLERACER said:
So Jenny moves to the west coast, and Angela moves to the east. This comming season should be interesting.
I don't think Angela is moving. It says on her website that she is still coached by Igor Pashkevitch and will return to Lake Arrowhead. From what I understand Morozov will just choreograph her programs.

jesslily

Final Flight
I don't feel he knows her style. He always uses music which have been used many times, and uses a format to do every program. Last year besides Julia Sebestien's long program, I don't like any program he did. He did AP's long program last year which is the worst in her skating career. I wish Angelar get great music and choreography from him. She really should go to Lori Nicokle.

Matt

On the Ice
jesslily said:
I don't feel he knows her style. He always uses music which have been used many times, and uses a format to do every program. Last year besides Julia Sebestien's long program, I don't like any program he did. He did AP's long program last year which is the worst in her skating career. I wish Angelar get great music and choreography from him. She really should go to Lori Nicokle.

ITA on the Lori Nichol idea. I'd be almost curious to see how she'd fair w/ Sasha Zhulin, actually. He seemed to do good things for Kurt as a pro

And also (correct me if I'm wrong), but didn't Morozov do Kevin VDP's programmes? Those were all right, especially the LP