MK and the 3flip | Page 3 | Golden Skate

MK and the 3flip

robinjoy

Spectator
I always liked sarahs skating and feel that she never got the credit she deserved. Of course Michelle has always been my favorite and will continue to be.

:laugh: mathman

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
she was not a great athlete, and certainly not an outstanding one. She was reliable, dependable, and always a podium competitor

I can see why you might not have been in love with Sarah's skating, certainly. Everyone has their own preference and certain things they look for. But, I would say that because she was such a podium contender that did make her an outstanding athlete. There are many great athletes that have never won World, Olympic, National or even Grand Prix medals....Sarah consistently vied for and won all four types. She trained her butt off and brought it to the table for 3 seasons (99-02). She worked very hard and almost always showed up to competitions extremely well prepared both mentally and physically. That is the mark of an outstanding athlete. Now, if you were arguing that she wasn't an outstanding technician or artist I could understand that more...but to say that she wasn't an outstanding athlete is really slighting her and all of the great accomplishments that she achieved for the U.S. team.

ladybug

On the Ice
How about the speed skater who was in last place and won the OGM because everyone ahead of him was involved in a major crash. That OGM did not make him a great athlete or give him the title of Outstanding Body of Work.

I must add that just making it to the Olympics is a great accomplishment.

Sarah had a wonderful skate at SLC. Her best ever in my opinion and deserved to win the OGM. She wasn't an elite skater for very long and I wonder if she would still have consistent 3/3's if she were still skating.

Michelle and Irena have been around for a long time and have outstanding bodies of work for many years and I wouldn't count out either one of them. They may not win the OGM in 2006 but I appreciate the joy they have given me for all these years. :love: There are many others in this same catagory.

Ladybug

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Fossi said:
We have people that give Sasha Cohen credit for 3/3's when she 2 foots the landingse:

I've never seen people give Sasha credit for her 3/3s when they two-footed.