The pooh hits 90! | Golden Skate

The pooh hits 90!

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
lol... i saw brian carrying that pooh box lol ...

Before Brian became Yuzu's coach he thought he was a weird child carrying pooh and would never imagined that he would have to carry it one day :rofl:

sarama

Medalist
Thank you for the link... I loved Pooh as a child and still do honestly, so I totally understand Yuzuru's obsession! I would be very disappointed if he stopped bringing the Pooh box at competitions, and I'm sure Brian would miss it too (I think he has grown fond of that little bear!)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some of our favorite personal pics from Boston Worlds feature Brian, Pooh, & Yuzu. We also took a pic of Nam Nguyen holding his favorite pillow pet after a practice session! :biggrin:

I also was fascinated by the Pooh gifts that the fans gave Yuzu - very creative - we took some pics of them with their gifts for him, too!

"Three cheers for Pooh!
For who? For Pooh!
Why, what did he do?
I thought you knew!…"

As for whether Pooh is a boy or girl, Christopher Robin explains it succinctly.

When I first heard his name, I said, just as you are going to say, "But I thought he was a boy?"
"So did I," said Christopher Robin.
"Then you can't call him Winnie."
"I don't."
"But you said--"
"He's Winnie-ther-Pooh. Don't you know what 'ther' means?"
"Ah, yes, now I do," I said quickly; and I hope you do too, because it is all the explanation you are going to get.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This thread title is about as good as it gets :clapper:

I believe that Winston Churchill was called "Winnie" by his friends.

Last edited:
You're all missing the boat. The most famous Winnie in my life was Winnie Cooper from The Wonder Years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KLMhhqCsbU

:rock:

I couldn't believe he didn't marry her in the last "flash forward" episode.

Now she (the actress) is best known as the author of a series of popular mathematics books aimed at high school and middle school girls.

She was on Dancing with the Stars the same season as Meryl Davis and Charlie White.

Last edited: