• Sale & Pelletier (2002 Orchid LP)

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vash01

Medalist
OK, they are different pieces of music but the composer is same. Whose musical interpretation do you like the best (interpreting Rachmaninoff's 2nd or 3rd concerto- or combination in the same program)?

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I wish you hadn't included both Rachmaninoff 2 and 3 together because it made it hard for me to choose, lol.
The three that stand out for me are M&D's 1994 LP, which I voted for, Lu Chen's 1996 LP, and Michelle Kwan's 1998/2002 SP.

Germanice

On the Ice
Defenitive Lulu's interpretation at Worlds 1996!
To me still the ultimate Ladies LP!

Anke

Last edited:

icenut84

Final Flight
I voted for Mishkutenok & Dmitriev. Others I liked were Abt (02), Kwan (98) and Chen (96).

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Well, I voted for Jamie & David's Orchid because not only did I think it was an absolute masterpiece, but I wanted them to at least have one vote in the poll, and yes I know that is a bit sad but oh well, LOL :laugh:

Anyway, my absolute fave is MKs Rach though. Just an exquisite, wonderful program and I still get chills watching it. A close second would be Lulu's program though. :love:

Michelle's 1998 SP, especially her performance at Nationals, set a new standard for the Short Program.:love:

MM

floskate

On the Ice
Kwan at '98 Nationals - a great contemporary take on this rather hackneyed piece of music - although I love it :love:

Muse

Rinkside
While Mishkutienok & Dmitriev ranks as one of my all-time favorite pairs skaters, and I was so awestruck at the end of their 94 long program, I gave the edge to Lulu because she really mesmerized and pleasantly surprised me with her different, softer approach to Rach. I love both programs, though!

mk06gold

Match Penalty
Michelle all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle's was the best. Just like Peggy Flemming said in the 1998 Nationals. " I think this is going to be a singnature piece for Michelle." And she was right she used it in 2002 as well. :)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
This was tough. I went with Michelle's 98 Rach, to me ground-breaking as far as short programs go. A close second would have been "The Orchid", my favorite Rach long program......42

shine

Record Breaker
As good as MK's SP was, how can the program be counted as an "intepretation of Rach 3" when at least half of the program consisted of a whole other piece, and really only used one or so minutes of the hour-long piano concerto? :confused:

I picked M/D's 94 LP. I never understood the fuss of Chen's 96 LP, Butterfly Lovers is a far more effective program in terms of her intepretation as well as the choregraphy IMO.

The worst program belongs to Abt IMO. That program was just a mess. Cohen's is a close second.

Last edited:

Vash01

Medalist
Actually Abt's Rach program was great at the Euro's in 2002 (and I think he was robbed there). He never skated it that well again, but I still enjoyed it.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Vash01 said:
Actually Abt's Rach program was great at the Euro's in 2002 (and I think he was robbed there). He never skated it that well again, but I still enjoyed it.
I agree with Shine. Other than being clean, Abt's LP at Euros didn't have much going for it. Alexei's LP was light years ahead in terms of intricacy and dramatic impact IMHO, and apparently the judges agreed. It still boggles my mind when people put forward the "wuz robbed" card for this event.

Vash01

Medalist
berthes ghost said:
I agree with Shine. Other than being clean, Abt's LP at Euros didn't have much going for it. Alexei's LP was light years ahead in terms of intricacy and dramatic impact IMHO, and apparently the judges agreed. It still boggles my mind when people put forward the "wuz robbed" card for this event.

Alexei had a better LP but his skating in that competition was simply awful. He made several mistakes and did not deserve to win.