Big Brother | Golden Skate

Big Brother

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is anyone else watching and want to discuss. I like this year's BB more so than last year. :rolleye: I was sorry to see Lori get evicted.

Dee

swannanoa54

On the Ice
I find this BB to be too many empty-headed

fools. I cannot stand Scott (and I've seen the photos of him in the buff and it wasn't "all that" either). Jase irritates me. "There will be no alliance but the one I'm in". Michael is their patsy along with Drew (who's a doll, no doubt about it).

If Marvin thought he was making intelligent decisions by putting up Lori and Holly for eviction last week, he was wrong. He's going up this week, I betcha. I mean, that's the plan, isn't it? They've used him and now they will put him up. Then he'll realize what a dupe he really is.

Class acts: Adria (and her twin), Jennifer, Karen (even though she whines sometimes), Will, and Lori (so sad to see her go). I even like Diane.

When Drew won HOH, did you see Jase jumping around and celebrating? I fervently wish that someone would get to Drew and explain to him that this is going to be the Jase and Scott final and he isn't included. Then have him put up Jase and Scott for eviction. At least that way, one of them will HAVE to go!

serenity

On the Ice
I totally agree with you and wondered why no one else sees this but the girls. Scott makes me so mad. I think he could win. Guess it takes a rotton person to play this game.

guinevere

Final Flight
Re: Marvin

I really like Marvin about half the time - he has some good insights, and he's funny beyond belief. But he also comes across as being quite misogynistic, and I think that will be the reason he loses - he will never consider allying with the women (plus Will) because they're women. Meanwhile, the Four Meatheads (plus Holly) are all too happy to use him and dump him as soon as they can.

I hate both Scott and Jase. I don't really get why the houseguests don't see that Drew is in tight with the meatheads, though. The girls all seem too gaga over him and are putting too much trust in him. I liked Michael at the beginning, but his unbridled glee to be one of the frat boys has changed my mind. Scott and Jase appear to be running the show right now, but I would be surprised if somebody - anybody - doesn't wake up soon and shake things up.

I hope that Adria and Natalie are able to keep up the facade long enough to both get to play.

guinevere

I'm watching, but we tape it and catch it later, so I have to be careful what I read on forums so I don't get spoiled.
I pretty much agree what has been said here in this topic. Jase and Scott....talk about ego's! I hope somehow they get ousted from the house! And Holly...good greif does her voice get on my nerves.
I'm disappointed that Michael is in with the "four horsemen"...but maybe he's just riding their coat tails to save himself???
I really like Nikomus, Will, Karen, Adria& her twin...and I liked Lori, too. Diane is okay.
I'm on the fence about Marvin...he seems very intelligent yet doesn't seem to be using his head in the game.
I like Drew, too. Wish he and Michael would side with the girls.

serenity

On the Ice
NJS
I 100% agree with you too.
I would love to know how old Holly is too. Some say she is in the 30s.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do you think Holly is as stupid as she is portrayed?? She may be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyhow, I think Scott is really kind of mean, especially when he made reference to Diane as trailer trash.

I thought about Drew putting up Scott and Jase but if one of them won power of veto then Drew would be in some awfully big trouble. He still may be in trouble for not nominating Marvin.

Dee

swannanoa54

On the Ice
Priceless!

That's what I call the looks on Scott and Jase when the nominations were announced. And Scott, like he's some kinda smart person or something, called Drew "stupid"? Yeah, right Scott! If you could just read what some people think of you, you'd keep your mouth shut and not prove your stupidity.

As much as I don't care for Marvin, I'm still glad Drew did what he did. Now if only one of the others will win veto and leave the nominations alone, I do believe Holly will be gone. Can her voice be more annoying? :sheesh:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Even though Scott and Jase make me mad in this show, I am enjoying so much more than last year. Any impressions of Diane??? I am not sure why I think she is a trouble maker but I just get an impression of her to be that. After all she wouldn't even give poor little Holly a hug. :laugh: :laugh:

Poor Drew, he felt so bad he cried. :cry: :cry:

So who's going?? Adria or Holly? Did you see the look on Adria's face when Drew put her up??

Dee

I think Adria's gone. She has two chances: slim and none. Marvin may come to his senses. Or Drew may come to his senses at the very last minute, if he has to break a tie.

I can't see that there is any danger whatever if the next head of household, whoever it may be, puts up Scott and Jase. One of them will be gone and the other will have his power cut in half. Worst case senario -- one of them wins the veto and saves himself. Then you put up the Cowboy and still deplete the horsemen.

Funniest scene so far -- Holly and Jase lamenting about how tough it is to be so gosh darn beautiful!

But one thing about being jerks. The editors of the show have hundreds of hours of tape to cut down to a couple of hours. Everybody acts jerky sometimes. So I am always suspicious that the TV network is deliberately creating villians for us to despise, just to create more ineterst in the show.

Math

swannanoa54

On the Ice
Well, I think Marvin might come to his senses.

One good thing is that I sometimes go and read the live feed updates. And no, I'm not saying anything other than to say this:

Mathman, it really isn't the cuts. Scott and Jase ARE jerks. Well, sometimes Scott seems to mellow out, but based on some of the live feed stuff I've read, what you see in the cuts is pretty much what they are. :laugh:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I agree that reality show editing can make a contestant look good or bad, but in Big Brother there are the live feeds and I try to read what people who watch them say and they seem to all agree that Scott and Jase are big jerks. I really hope they go and soon. I wish Drew and Michael weren't so swayed by them. I think they feel honored by their agreement to them even though I don't like them as much as they thought. At least if Adria does go this week, Natalie will replace her!

sk8ing_lady2001

Final Flight
serenity said:
I totally agree with you and wondered why no one else sees this but the girls. Scott makes me so mad. I think he could win. Guess it takes a rotton person to play this game.

I agree, except I would spell it rotten.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was surprised that Holly got the boot. I think Jase was surprised that he was probably the only one that voted for her. I really thought it would have been Adria and I think they made a mistake by keeping her. Diane's comments were uncalled for---Holly was gone, so just let it be. I don't think I'm liking Diane and Adria much, now.

Dee

swannanoa54

On the Ice
I am glad Holly is gone. Her comments to Julie was so narcissistic (sp). I mean, "she was jealous of me when I first walked in the house"? Puh-lease. And she has that cutesy voice that if I had to listen to her inteview much longer I would have to lie down.

I'm not too sure about Diane myself. Adria doesn't bother me but I think it will be interesting to see what happens if her twin comes in this coming week. Won't that shock the house?

I think my favorites right now are Nakomis and Will just because they seem to be focused. Karen is a whiner so I'm not sure about that.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I'm not too impressed with the BB houseguests this year. If you follow the live feeds you will know, for example, that Marvin has a filthy, foul mouth. I don't much like any of them except for Will & Nakomis. It's been fun tho, reading about Jase & Scott finally falling out all because of Holly. (Scott was sooo jealous). It will be interesting to see how the house guests react to Adria/Natalie. It's one thing to do the switching but personally I'd be angry if they bring in another houseguest's twin to play the game. Whoever gets HOH after that occurs would almost be forced to put the twins up for eviction. It's what I'd do.

heyang

Record Breaker
Well, this is my 2nd attempt to watch a season of BB. I tried BB1 and couldn't stand it. I caught part of the last BB because I was waiting for Amazing Race & my friend kept on talking about Allison.

Anyway, I'm finding most of the contestants on BB5 extremely annoying. Scott, Jase & Holly seem to be total narcissists. I am so glad Holly got the boot because I won't have to hear her voice until the finale.

I might favor Drew. At least he didn't just blindly follow Scott & Jase. BTW, their mother's seemed totally appalled by their respective behavior.

guinevere

Final Flight
I am sooooo happy that Holly is gone! Jase knew he was the only only voting to keep Holly (from live feed info) - he told the other 3 himbos that he couldn't vote her off, but he knew she was going.

I was happy that Adria managed to stay. I do think it was a poor decision, strategically, for the himbos, but I can't stand them so I'm glad it happened. Adria used to be one of my favorites, but her using the bible to justify why she should stay was lame. I couldn't believe it, but JASE had the best response to this: Big Brother is all about lying and cheating, and greed for the big prize is the motivation for playing the game - there is nothing godly or righteous about playing Big Brother, or anyone who plays the game with any degree of success!!

I look forward to seeing how introducing Natalie into the game properly will go over. I can't remember how BB has handled reintroducing previously voted-off contestants back in the game, but on Survivor Pearl Islands, Lil and whats-is-name were immune from the first tribal council. I wonder if at least one of the twins will be immune from the first eviction vote?

My favorites in the game are Nokomis, Will, and Karen.

I am another that is so glad to see Holly gone. I don't think any of the other ladies in the house are one bit jealous of her.
I also think Diane may be a trouble maker. And can't stand the ego's of Jase and Scott.
I am so glad Adria stayed. Hope that Michael and Drew will start thinking for themselves and stop following the other two Horsemen.
My favorites in the house are Karen, Nikomus/Jennifer, Adria, Natalie and Will. I hope they make top 5 and I'd be happy to see any of those 5 win.