View Poll Results: What is Tarasova's greatest coaching achievement?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bestemianova-Bukin (Gold 1988 Oly)

12 6.32%
  • Klimova-Ponomarenko (Gold 1992 Oly)

8 4.21%
  • Grishchuk & Platov (Gold 1998 Oly)

10 5.26%
  • Ilia Kulik (Gold 1998 Oly)

15 7.89%
  • Alexei Yagudin (Gold 2002 Oly)

107 56.32%
  • Shizuka Arakawa (Gold 2004 Worlds)

25 13.16%
  • Sasha Cohen (Gold 2003 GPF)

4 2.11%
  • Johnny Weir (Gold 2004 US Nationals)

7 3.68%
  • Other

2 1.05%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tarasova's greatest Coaching achievement

Custom Title

Tarasova's greatest Coaching achievement

Tatiana Tarasova has coached many champions, including Olympic champions. Each skater presents a different challenge to a coach. Which one do you consider to be her greatest coaching achievement?
    Last edited by Vash01; 07-23-2004 at 10:01 PM.

Rinkside
    Well I voted for G/P, but I wouldn't credit Weir to TT. I mean she consulted him and did his programs, but his main coach should get the credit for the medal.

Custom Title
    Tatiana is the bomb. Imagine if she coaches Griazev to gold in 2006. Wow, will Mishin be steaming mad!!!

I'd like to see Ilia Klimkin take from Tarasova. I think she could do wonders with him.

Custom Title
    Not B&B! They were always so strange! Did anyone ever see that Rasputin/Tsarina Alexandra program? (I think that was them...interesting idea, but extremely bizarre and sort of scary). I would have to say I think Tatiana really did a great job with Alexei Yagudin. He was talented and charismatic enough without her, but I feel that she went above and beyond to make him stand out from all of his other competitors. She did a wonderful job with Alexei. I would also say she did a great job with K&P.

On the Ice

She knows her biz

Tatiana T. is so incredible, she is diciplined, that is why she can produce skaters with such substanance. If u listen and dont wimp out like one skater i can think of off the top of my head then she will create a champion, a truly high caliber champ.ie yagudin, ie graziev., for all those interested andre will soon be taking over the skating world, mark my words, he is to skating what tatiana is to coaching

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BronzeisGolden
    Not B&B! They were always so strange! Did anyone ever see that Rasputin/Tsarina Alexandra program? (I think that was them...interesting idea, but extremely bizarre and sort of scary). I would have to say I think Tatiana really did a great job with Alexei Yagudin. He was talented and charismatic enough without her, but I feel that she went above and beyond to make him stand out from all of his other competitors. She did a wonderful job with Alexei. I would also say she did a great job with K&P.
    The Rasputin program was a pro routine, I believe. As pros they always went all out to create the most unusual/bizarre routines, but I don't believe Tarasova was coaching them after they turned pro (she did coach K&P for sometime after they turned pro). I was referring to their 1988 Olympic performance, when they won the gold.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    I voted for Arakawa. The speed of her the rise of her fame after she went to Tarasova was incredible. I can't think of another skater who experienced the same thing. She was more or less or nobody last year, and now she's the world champion and the new ice queen, without changing much of anything in her skating.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soogar
    Tatiana is the bomb. Imagine if she coaches Griazev to gold in 2006. Wow, will Mishin be steaming mad!!!

I'd like to see Ilia Klimkin take from Tarasova. I think she could do wonders with him.
    Please don't be so cruel with Klimkin. He's way too talented and creative to become another boring product of the recent Tarasova coaching and her snooze inducing programs.

Rinkside
    Madame Tarasova sure has magic She brought up a lot of great champions, it's very hard to choose who is her greatest achievement. Can you vote for more than one? I would pick Bestemianova/Bukin and Alexei Yagudin.

Custom Title
    Although one cannot vote for more than one, we can still discuss more than one achievements.

I voted for K&P's 92 Olympic gold. K&P, after the initial results of the drug test, lost 2 weeks of practice in 91. Marina was cleared after a second drug test. However, their coach Natalia Dubova did not believe her after her initial failure of the drug test. There were personality problems with Dubova, and K&P decided to switch to Tarasova. It was the best decision they made.

Although K&P had already been 2x world champions, they had been dethroned in the key pre-Olympic year '91 by the rising French dance team the Dushenays. Suddenly D&D were the faves for the Olympic gold in Lillehamer.

Tarasova brought out the emotion in K&P's skating with their 'Air' FD. They had always been great technicians but in the pre-Tarasova year they could not compete against the emotional style of the Dushenays. In the 1992 Olympics they outperformed their rivals, with a memorable and difficult FD, and won the gold.

Vash

Rooting for the Kerrs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01
    Although K&P had already been 2x world champions, they had been dethroned in the key pre-Olympic year '91 by the rising French dance team the Dushenays. Suddenly D&D were the faves for the Olympic gold in Lillehamer.
    You mean Albertville? (Lillehammer was 94.)

I voted for Yagudin.

Tripping on the Podium
    I say Shizuka Arakawa. Even though Tatiana was only with her for a short time, there was a notciable difference in how Arakawa presented herself on the ice. She looked a million times better than she had before. And without Tatiana's influence I doubt Shizuka would be the reigning world champion.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by icenut84
    You mean Albertville? (Lillehammer was 94.)

I voted for Yagudin.
    Yes, I meant Albertville. Thanks for the correction.

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    Quote Originally Posted by BronzeisGolden
    Not B&B! They were always so strange! Did anyone ever see that Rasputin/Tsarina Alexandra program? (I think that was them...interesting idea, but extremely bizarre and sort of scary). .
    I was just thinking of that program today. I hated it, but I remember the female commentator saying, "I am so honored to have seen this program," and I was thinking that I just wasted four minutes of my life.

Can someone tell me this: Has TT coached someone to a gold medal who was not already very accomplished? I don't know much about her dance background, but with Shizuka, Ilia and Alexei (and to some extent, Griazev) they came to her with jumps in hand, and a decent feel for artistry. Now, if she could take, say, Ludmilla Nelidina, and coach her to gold, THAT would be something.

I didn't vote for anyone.

Laura

Crazy Armchair Fan/Resident Nerd
    [QUOTE=PrincessLeppard] Now, if she could take, say, Ludmilla Nelidina, and coach her to gold, THAT would be something.
    [QUOTE]

If ANYONE could do ANYTHING w/ Ludmilla Nelidina beside get her to land the triple axel, that would be something! (I'm sorry, I'm not a fan of hers)

In the end, I voted for Shizuka (though it was a toss-up between her and Yags's Olympic LP, which is still my favourite of his programmes ). She [Shizuka] already came in w/ the jumps and that "Turandot" routine, but TT added some extra subtleties and gave Shizuka a big confidence boost, which probably resulted in the 3lutz-3toe-2loop in her LP, which pretty much settled the Ladies title in Dortmund right there, IMHO

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast