Don and Hunt on the move, looking for sponsors | Golden Skate

Don and Hunt on the move, looking for sponsors

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
Hey all,
We (my husband and I) just heard from Jennifer Don that she and Jonathon Hunt have left Delaware. They are looking for a new coach and a "new training environment." Perhaps most importantly, they are looking for sponsorships (I think we're all pretty aware of how expensive this sport is). I think many US fans are also aware of the enormous potential Don and Hunt have to be national champions and Olympians.
If you have leads for possible help for Jennifer and Jonathon, let me know and we'll put them together. Email or IM me, and we'll try to put together something for J & J!
p.s. Jennifer sounds very positive about the change.

LBC

On the Ice
Don and Hunt are in Hackensack NJ with Artur Dimtrev according to several sources from Hackensack. Don't know if it is permanent or not but I think Artur will be a good coach for them and Hackensack a top notch facility. I am hoping they get sponserships as IMO they have a big future in pairs. What about Jennifer and singles? Has she decided to just do pairs now? There are singles coaches in Hackensack as well if she wanted to continue.

nymkfan51

Medalist
I do hope they find the help they need because I think they make a nice pair, with some decent potential. I would love to see Jennifer give up singles though, and concentrate on pairs. I don't think she has any real future in the ladies event, while in pairs it seems to be wide open.

They hae a great potential as a Pair Team. I think their leaving Delaware for Hackensack maybe what they need to get the coordination which doesn;t seem to be working. Oh, for Moskvina! Also, she is quite dyanmic as a single skater. I'd like to see her give a great skate this year.

Joe

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
Jennifer still skating singles, I think

My husband Damon is the one that really converses with Jennifer. From what he's told me, she is still planning to skate singles as well. I think it can help her singles, as it pushes her to do those triple jumps; I'm sure it is difficult to juggle practicing for two disciplines though. I so enjoy her skating that I think I'd miss her singles skates at nationals. Also, I'm sure it's hard for her to give it up- she had a banner year last year, won her first international competition, etc.

Thanks for the info on them moving to NJ, hope that works out. We are getting in touch with a friend of a friend who's a wealthy skating fan and may be interested in helping out.
-Jeff

I see that Don and Hunt have two Grand Prix assignments this year, Skate America and Cup of Russia. Plus, Jennifer is listed for the Finlandia Trophy in singles. I think they're a great team. (Unfortunately, I'm not rich. :eek: )

Mathman