Canadian athletic jackets | Golden Skate

Canadian athletic jackets

Manitou

Medalist
I really loved the red zip jackets the Canadian ladies had on Skate Canada. You can see it on Alaine Chartrand after her FS in Kiss and Cry. I think Hudson Bay is providing the Canadian athletes with the apparel, but on their website I couldn't find this kind. I would love to buy such jackets for the ladies in my family, but I can't find it anywhere.
Does anyone know where it's possible to buy those jackets?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Last edited:

Sk8DSmom

Rinkside
Cdn Team Jackets are custom embroidered to have Skate Canada logo and sponsor logo's on them as well.

Generally most 'team' jackets (incl other sports) are standard stock jackets available through marketing goods agencies who will also do all the embroidery as well.
The jackets may be Elevate jackets -I know some sections use their jackets.
Take a look at Vista Print, they have the Elevate line.

Otherwise, look at Skate Canada online shop as they do have some jackets there as well -just not the same as what the team has.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm always glad when a federation has a separate jacket for their athletes to wear that isn't available to buy. IMO, being able to buy the athlete jacket cheapens it. If you have earned the right to represent your country, that is supposed to be special, not something just anyone can buy.

/soapbox

Manitou

Medalist
I'm always glad when a federation has a separate jacket for their athletes to wear that isn't available to buy. IMO, being able to buy the athlete jacket cheapens it. If you have earned the right to represent your country, that is supposed to be special, not something just anyone can buy.

/soapbox

So I have to learn to skate now?

edwinaskater1943

On the Ice

/soapbox

Yes but everyone earns the jacket now in Australia with such low TES scores - how insulting to athletes at elite level who wear the same jackets as kids in primary - I saw some recent photos of comp in SA and all of them has Australia rep jackets on. It doesn't seem to happen so much in Sydney

Manitou

Medalist
Yes but everyone earns the jacket now in Australia with such low TES scores - how insulting to athletes at elite level who wear the same jackets as kids in primary - I saw some recent photos of comp in SA and all of them has Australia rep jackets on. It doesn't seem to happen so much in Sydney

This. There should be gradation in jackets: gold medal jackets, silver, bronze, up to the 10th place, then 10-20th place category, and so on. ... Each of those categories custom made.
And burlap bags for the common public...

Sk8DSmom

Rinkside

/soapbox

Exactly. I know all the kids get excited to 'get' their jackets (whether it be provincials, Challenge or Nationals).. and I say 'get' loosely as I know depending on the section, you may have to pay to 'get' the jackets.

All the skaters usually post themselves in teamwear once they get their Int'l assignment jacket (currently the red jackets, the prior one was a black jacket with Canada on the back). So the juniors on JPG or ACI get the same jackets as well as the synchro teams.