"Cat Woman" | Golden Skate

"Cat Woman"

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
One of the reasons that I love summer vacation is the amount of time I get to spend watching movies.........

Hubby and I weren't going to see this particular flick, but he loves "campy" movies about comic book heroes.........and we had free passess.

The local paper gave this movie an "F"......pretty harsh I thought, it must have some redeeming qualities. We went in with an open mind and had a good time. It was campy, funny, (and thank goodness the camera didn't move with the characters :laugh: ), Halle isn't my favorite actress, but I actually liked her in this role. It isn't a great movie, but it certainly isn't an "F".........I'd give it a "C+". I also give it props for developing the storyline (yes, there is a storyline), informing the audience about cats role in history and legend and why she was "chosen" to be one of the "cat people"........I am assuming there are more like her roaming around.......42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
show 42 said:
One of the reasons that I love summer vacation is the amount of time I get to spend watching movies.........

Hubby and I weren't going to see this particular flick, but he loves "campy" movies about comic book heroes.........and we had free passess.

The local paper gave this movie an "F"......pretty harsh I thought, it must have some redeeming qualities. We went in with an open mind and had a good time. It was campy, funny, (and thank goodness the camera didn't move with the characters :laugh: ), Halle isn't my favorite actress, but I actually liked her in this role. It isn't a great movie, but it certainly isn't an "F".........I'd give it a "C+". I also give it props for developing the storyline (yes, there is a storyline), informing the audience about cats role in history and legend and why she was "chosen" to be one of the "cat people"........I am assuming there are more like her roaming around.......42

Show:

Thanks for the review. My hubby wants to see it, I don't! Even though the movie was shot here in Vancouver for the most part, makes no diffierence. Hale Berry is not on my favourite actress list either. I have seen previews. It looks "campy" as you say. I suppose I will give in eventually and drag along. After all, he did go to Master and Commander with me - was not his greatest movie experience.

Thanks again.