Thread: A Let's See List - Do you have one?

Hybrid View

A Let's See List - Do you have one?

Here is my LET'S SEE LIST for the forthcoming season::

Michelle - at least one 3x3 combo; preferably two.

Sasha: That quad! but only if necessary; preferably two 3x3s and the conistency under fire.

Irina - As Rhoda would say New York, this is your last chance! Let's see a real old fashion Irina.

Carolina - C'mon make my day. You haven't so far. Let' see.

Yukina - You're the best. Let's see you get a place on the Team.

Shizuka - Let's see you do another personal best.

Michael - the quad, of course, and a whole new approach to choreography.

Johnny = Can you repeat the beautiful skates? Let's see.

Evgeny - I hope the knee is fixed or it doesn't have to be and no excuses in Brian wins.

Brian - Let's see a little smile today.

Stephane - You go guy, you have it all just skate it. Let me see it, please.

All the American and Canadian boys: Let's see consistent programs.

The American and Japanese Ladies: Go ahead, let's see you battle it out for that third place at your Nationals.

Lots to see this coming season. What are yours?

Joe

Rinkside
    Eman, Sasha & Jenny Kirk - consistency.

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    a return to 3x3s by Michelle and some great choreography to match her talent.

Custom Title
    Good topic, Joe!

Michelle: I agree with Bronxgirl completely. I would love to see a 3/3, but I'd rather see some intricate and difficult choreography.

Sasha: I'd love to see her be consistent, but more than that I'd really like to see her let go and forge a genuine emotional connection with the audience. She did it in her 04 Worlds SP and I would very much like to see her perform this way more often.

Shizuka: I want her to keep the momentum from last year and would also like to see improved spins (positions, speed, etc.).

Irina: I just want one more vintage Slutskaya SP!

Karolina Kostner: Everything Joe said!

Johnny Weir: He is brilliant...but I think the only way he'll be a medal contender is with a quad. He also needs more speed and perhaps a bit more excitement in his programs (but perhaps that has more to do with choreography).

Inoue & Baldwin: Stand up! You are a beautiful team with loads of potential!

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    US Pairs: PLEASE don't let Portland be a splatfest like Dallas and Atlanta turned out to be. I think there's lots of potential in some of our US pairs (most notably Orscher & Lucash, Don & Hunt, and Evora & Ladwig) and I would LOVE to see them stand up and skate awesome this year. Give us US folks something to cheer about in Portland! :D

Langlois & Archetto: Please just work on skating your best and not worrying about the results. The results will come if you just skate as well as you possibly can and believe in your abilities. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see them finally become Canadian champions this year.

Michelle: Some wonderful and intricate choreography would be stellar and I would LOVE to see her crank out a new 3x3 just to shut the critics up, LOL

Timmy: Please come back stronger and healthier and know that you are SO on your way to skating with a presentation and style all your own. Don't let the quads go to crap though and I would love to see you skate beautifully at Nats this year. :D

Ryan Jahnke: Get that triple axel even more consistant, maybe throw a few quad attempts this year, and keep on having wonderfully choreographed and intricate programs that I can take a gazillion pictures of in Portland. :D

Tanith & Ben: Maybe have a FD that doesn't have quite the blatent theme this year?! The talent is there so keep on doing that but for gosh sakes, you are SOOO much better than using overused music. I do hope your OD this year is as fun as your OD from last year though! That was great.

Angela: I would love to see her put it all together again in a season back like she did in the 00-01 season, and its my greatest wish for her to medal again at Nats so she can go back to Worlds. She's still got the the goods, don't let her performances fool you because its all still there. She just needs to believe in herself more this year. :D

I think that's it for now, I could go on all day about this particular topic, but these are my biggest wishes. :D

This year I would like to see Langlois & Archetto get into the top 5 at worlds again, as well as claim the Canadian title.

I'd also like to see Melissa and Denis continue to improve and really make the leaders in ice dance have to keep up. I'd also like to see them rock out at US Nationals where I will be there cheering them on! WOOT WOOT!

I'd like to see Tim and Irina BOTH make big comebacks to competitive skating. I have nothing but great faith that they will!

I would also like to see Angela and Jenny both make the US Nationals podium... a girl can dream!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    My Let's See List:

Emanuel Sandhu - please deliver two strong programs - short and long
    Jeff Buttle - please land a quad and get those triples consitent. Also don't get sick again!!!!
    L&A - Come on you can do it!!

On the Ice
    My wish list:
    That under COP the caller will be honest and treat ALL skater's the same (all "flutzes" should be called as such and deductions made accordingly--the same with "lips").

That judges, under COP, will deduct for under/over rotations, will give stiff deductions for falls (any fall, imo, disrupts the flow of the program--I don't care how great one's presentation is)! and finally, lack of quality edging.

That judges, under COP, will NOT "bloc judge" or cheat on the scoring. That they judge the performance being skated at the time not how great a practice session might have been.

That the "secrecy of judging" would just go away and accountibility replace it.

That fans will not be so quick to nitpick results.

I know, I know, I'm looking for "Competitive Figure Skating Utopia" and am realizing there just isn't any such thing!

Oh, yeah, that ALL the skaters have a great year and have fun skating and competing--win or lose.

Keeper of Michelle's Nose berthes ghost's Avatar
    Well, if Dortmund was any indication, Moscow should be a medal mania event for Rusisa. In 99, when worlds was just accross the bay in Finland, Russia swept the gold medals. I doubt that the Russian ladies can compete witht he US and Japanese anymore, but we'll see. Otherwise, I see Plushy, T&M and Zuhlin's wife& Lautova's husband as heavy favorites to retain their titles.

Custom Title
    Even though Worlds are in Russia there would have to be a serious U-turn in opinion regarding S&Z from the judges for T&M to win. If S&Z are clean of course. They had CoP wrapped up last season and won GPF by a country mile!

Lets see if Johnny can add a quad and get on the podium
    Michelle to just have really awesome programs and a 3/3/ if she feels she has to although I'm not that fussed about it.
    Miki to sparkle
    Stephane to point his toes, land all his jumps, spin like a demon and possibly cause the upset to end all others at Worlds.
    Jeff to start landing the quad and Shawn Sawyer to skate out of the box and make GPF and 2nd place at Nats - ok that's a bit of a fantasy but anyway!

Erm lets see if dance can actually interest me enough to even bother looking at the results and for the Kerrs to be stunning and climb about 5 places in the World and Euro standings!

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    (Some of these may be redundant, but I lack the technical finesse to weed out 2 or 3 lines from 2 or 3 different posts and stick ITA's on them :D )

Michelle -- Let's see you go to the Olympics and HAVE FUN for once instead of just wanting to get the whole thing over with. (Yes, I realize that would be for the season AFTER this coming one, but it's never too early to want to see that, IMO). And the 3/3 would be nice, too. Not that I personally care much about it, but it would be nice just to get people to shut up about whether you can/will do it or not.

Sasha -- Let's see you stop with the one or two ditzy mistakes that always seem to mar your programs. And let's see you return to a program that allows you to make the most of your music, which up until Swan Lake was one of the best things about your skating.

Angela -- Let's see you get a chance to go back to Worlds and maybe pick up the medal you might have picked up in Vancouver had it not been for that one unfortunate fall.... At the very least let's see you drop the habit of missing your first or second jump and then letting all the rest of them go to pot.

Shizuka -- Let's see you wearing a costume that covers what really needs to be covered. You're too elegant a skater to be doing the Lettin' It All Hang Out Thing.... :D

Julia (Sebestyen) -- Let's see some EXPRESSION. You had such a fabulously choregraphed program this past season and had you given any impression at all that you were FEELING the music, you could have ripped the roof off a few arenas with the ovations!!

Irina -- Let's just see you get well. The rest will take care of itself.

Emmanuel -- Let's see you put together a top 3 SP and a top 3 LP in the same competition. Then let's see you do it again the next competition.

Kevin -- Let's see you on the Europeans podium. Or at the very least let's see you skate well enough so we can see you PERIOD.

Ryan (Bradley) -- Let's see you tone down that ADD style of skating and show us some of the incredible stuff we know you're capable of.

Tim -- Let's see some of that "improvement in artistry" we've been hearing about for the last 2 or 3 years. And let's see you burn (PUBLICLY IN THE NEAREST TOWN SQUARE) that hideous "Queen Symphony" costume that looked like something Katharine Hepburn wore in the late 30s. :D

Evgeny -- Let's see you tone down the mugging or the strutting or whatever it is you want to call it and JUST SKATE. You can certainly do that well enough without the cocky embellishments.

Tatiana & Maxim -- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, Let us see some expression. Skating androids do not do it for most people, regardless of how good the technique and choreography are.

Annabelle & Patrice -- Let's see you get the results I think you are more than capable of getting. I don't think a Worlds medal would be completely out of the question.

Tiffany & Philip -- Let's see you take a couple of steps forward this season instead of another step or two back.

Kathryn & Garrett -- Let's see you skate a program or two that would actually not make me wonder what all the fuss is about.

Albena & Maxim -- Let's see you do something a little less -- er -- avant-garde for once.

Marie-France & Patrice -- Let's see the in-betweens look as good as the fantastic highlights.

Sinead & John -- Let's see you move up high enough so I can get a chance to see you and see what all the fuss is about! I have a feeling I won't be disappointed.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by berthes ghost
    Well, if Dortmund was any indication, Moscow should be a medal mania event for Rusisa. In 99, when worlds was just accross the bay in Finland, Russia swept the gold medals.
    Well, I would say that competition being in Finland in 1999 had nothing to do with the Russian sweep! All wins were really deserved ones (although I personally did not agree with pairs and ice dance results). I do agree though that many times the venue has a lot of importance, as seen also e.g. in competitions held in USA or Canada and now in Germany.
    Last edited by Jaana; 07-30-2004 at 04:46 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by berthes ghost
    Well, if Dortmund was any indication, Moscow should be a medal mania event for Rusisa. In 99, when worlds was just accross the bay in Finland, Russia swept the gold medals.
    Sure, location can be a factor and this happens for all countries. But at any rate, if you see, a "medal mania" for Russia usually happens every year LOL They usually have contenders for gold in all the disciplines and are the team that wins more medals no matter where the event is. Even in DC in 2003 they were the team with more medals, 5 total. Silver in ladies, gold in men, silver in dance, both silver and bronze for pairs... In Nagano in 2002 they won gold in men, ladies, dance and 1 silver for pairs... In Vancouver again gold for men, 3 silvers and 1 bronze...

I don't think they have many chances for a podium finish at ladies, but I'd say that for next season, Russia is still favorite to win gold in both men and dance and their pairs have the skills to finish in the podium and even win gold too.

Go NJ Devils
    Quote Originally Posted by patsue1947
    My wish list:
    That under COP the caller will be honest and treat ALL skater's the same (all "flutzes" should be called as such and deductions made accordingly--the same with "lips").

That judges, under COP, will deduct for under/over rotations, will give stiff deductions for falls (any fall, imo, disrupts the flow of the program--I don't care how great one's presentation is)! and finally, lack of quality edging.
    In addition to these I would like to see that judges under CoP will give out +2's and +3's where they are due, particularly for each individual spin, footwork pass, and spiral, instead of playing it safe with scores of -1 to +1, leaving only the level of difficulty to distinguish among the scores.

I agree with many of the things already stated. Most of all, I want Takeshi and Jeff Buttle to have great seasons -injury-free and illness-freeI missed them terribly at Worlds.